College Football Pick'em

Highway6

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't really have time so i just picked a straight ticket for the favorites, so let's see how i do.

I'm sure you hit 70-80%...maybe 12-14pts. This should be an interesting day, the picks are somewhat all over the place!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care if it will cost me a point a week. For the remainder of the season, I will always pick against Texas out of disgust.

Losing to a team that allowed Utah to put up 68 pts?? Pretty funny, but Utah is really good and will knock off TCU. I got blasted yesterday b/c I took some big risks and the ONLY reason I choose TX was b/c of how Utah and OU crushed Iowa State. Texas could potentially win only 1 of it's next 5, but will be the underdog in some of those games...lol.

Congrats this week to 20th St. Also, Sev has been on fire lately (what's your secret?!)

I was shocked at my decent score this week after only having ONE correct after the first few games...but I guess most of us stunk it up in those games, haha.

Congrats this week to 20th St. Also, Sev has been on fire lately (what's your secret?!)

I was shocked at my decent score this week after only having ONE correct after the first few games...but I guess most of us stunk it up in those games, haha.

Yah... 10 correct in a row.. that may be a Haif record.. Nice job 20th.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/24502/grouppicks

I get paid, right? 13 out of 16, come on! I'm never going to do that again. Too bad this is free for fun and in my fantasy league where I can win money I tanked this week.

Yeah, 20th st. u did great... 13 of 16 is out of this world. I did the stats vs. the spread a week ago and the spread was only correct 54% of the time. So, your 80% is incredible!

I've been all about the risk lately b/c of that 54% stat. It's maybe up to 60%, but I'm going to keep taking the risk in hopes that I will have a 13 of 16 day like 20th had.

• 2 weeks later...

My last second change was tonight's game. I'm either gonna look like a complete idiot, or a genius.

Not a COMPLETE idiot or COMPLETE genius, in my opinion. If you were picking Fresno to WIN, then I'd agree ;)

Dude...if Boise St. wants to be taken seriously, they need to get rid of that track. That's so 90's.

ps - I think you're more crazy not picking Ok. State not to cover against Kansas. Is there something I don't know about? Just a gut feeling (as are most of our picks)?

pps - how was that sack not a penalty for unnecessary roughness? Guy was stinkin dragging him.

The drag was funny.

Boise St is favored by 30+ every week. I've bet against them before and paid. What made me change my mind this time was seeing the espn article a couple hours ago that mentioned the possibility of snow or freezing rain. I figured there might be a chance of a lower scoring game than usual. BS's 2 turnovers are proving me right thus far.

As for OKie St. Sometime ya gotta pick what ya want to happen or what ya need to happen. It helps the Aggies small yet possible division title chances if OSU loses this game. Kansas sucks as usual.. This was a Heart pick, not a head pick... here's hoping for a miracle.

Holy hell that was an amazing game.

Yeah, even though it was low scoring, it was a really good game. Nebraska shot themselves in the foot a lot. I don't remember what the call was, but I remember the refs made a bad call that extended the drive on which allowed the Aggies to go ahead.

Oh well, I'm happy for them and hope they get a chance at the big 12 title game. Them and UT play on Thursday, right?

The call that most were complaining was the late hit on QB by the Nebraska DB which gave A&M a first down that led to the winning field goal. My opinion was that it was not really all that late of a hit. However, it did look like the DB lowered his head which made the hit look worse and probably should have been called for it. Regarding the other calls, I don't recall any others that weren't well deserved as Nebraska was not playing smart. Nebraska is good but I'm glad we didn't let them roll thru the Big 12 on their way out.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had problems with the yahoo site all weekend. I wasn't able, till just now, to see what a crappy week I had.

Anyways. 1 short week left with 9 pnts available.

With Sevfiv's brainfart over the holiday weekend, it's now down to a 3 horse race. First game of the week is Friday evening.

Contenders

Elecpharm ..134

20thDad .. 134

sowanome .. 132

Pretenders

Lockmat .. 125

Highway6 .. 124

Brijonmang .. 122

Sevfiv .. 121

Aggie92 .. 118

Bench Warmers

ProHouston .. 93

Wreck'em Tech ..74

TimmyChan .. 70

Practice Squad

Puma .. 0

Crap. With one exception, there is a reason for those blocks of like scores.

None of the contenders missed a week. The pretenders each missed 1 week. Bench warmers missed multiple weeks.

Exception - myself.

I'm apparently the underachiever of the group, having not missed a week, but still not a contender. I suck.

Goal of the week - top Lockmat by 2 pnts so I can claim moral victory and not have a worse score than someone who missed a week.

Crap. With one exception, there is a reason for those blocks of like scores.

None of the contenders missed a week. The pretenders each missed 1 week. Bench warmers missed multiple weeks.

Exception - myself.

I'm apparently the underachiever of the group, having not missed a week, but still not a contender. I suck.

Goal of the week - top Lockmat by 2 pnts so I can claim moral victory and not have a worse score than someone who missed a week.

Sevfiv really gave all us a better chance...Maybe I should honor this week to Sevfiv and edit my name to "Sevfiv2".

ibupro/elecfarm and sevfiv really gave me a run the entire season and 20th st. really came on strong over the last month :ph34r:.

Now, I'm going for the win with nothing to lose. This is what I've been doing since 20th st. had the strong run a few weeks ago!!!!

Archived