La Hacienda Cantina At 1431 W. 26th St.

Yankee_in_TX

26th and Couch?

It's going to be a Tex-Mex restaurant. Don't recall the name of it, but it's been "in the works" for a number of years now. Looks like it may finally be getting closer to finished. I think the people up there were fighting it for a while to no avail.

Update: Looks like the name is La Hacienda Cantina

Here is a link to an old civic club discussion on the property:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:YycSLx0cN44J:www.shadyacres.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D53.0+26th+and+Couch+restaurant+shady+acres&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edited by Urbannomad

Hrrrm, one heck of a wall for a restaurant and a LOT of construction - seems like high start up costs (building it from the ground up) but more power to them.

I read you link - WOW - I can't believe the owner is dumping that much money in when te neighbors don't want him there... Risky business move.

Edited by Yankee_in_TX

Not only that, but the location seems pretty strange (if not outright terrible) for a restaurant. It's not visible from any major streets or even the larger neighborhood streets (Beall, Bevis, 20th, 19th)?? And if the whole "no liquor license" thing still holds true that seems even worse for a Mexican "Cantina."

It definitely appears that the owner has dropped a lot of money though, hope it works out for him and his neighbors.

Edited by Urbannomad

Not only that, but the location seems pretty strange (if not outright terrible) for a restaurant. It's not visible from any major streets or even the larger neighborhood streets (Beall, Bevis, 20th, 19th)?? And if the whole "no liquor license" thing still holds true that seems even worse for a Mexican "Cantina."

It definitely appears that the owner has dropped a lot of money though, hope it works out for him and his neighbors.

I noticed this recently and have been wondering what the heck it was going to be. Tony's on Ella is just down the street...how do they plan on competing with near Tex-Mex perfection???

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed this recently and have been wondering what the heck it was going to be. Tony's on Ella is just down the street...how do they plan on competing with near Tex-Mex perfection???

We LOVE Tony's because the wife and I can get a decent meal (split) and 2 margharitas and be out less than $20.

• The title was changed to Building At Beavis St. And 26th St.
  • The title was changed to La Hacienda Cantina At 1431 W. 26th St.