Three new TV shows will be shot in Texas

editor

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i7c717df4a3ba58ebd1a89b699c3d0a02

"The Chase" (NBC) and "Lonestar" (Fox) will film in Dallas, while "My Generation" (ABC), which is set in Austin, is expected to shoot in the state capital. In addition, Dallas is the location for Fox summer show "The Good Guys."

"It's by far a banner year," Hudgins said. "In the past, one (show) was great, so I can't say enough." He pointed to Texas' production infrastructure and crews, as well as the state's film and TV production incentives that went into effect in April 2009 as key drivers.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-dallastv_27new.ART0.State.Edition2.9b97b0e.html

A key indicator is the current disparity between Dallas and Houston, which was a leading Texas filming location in the 1990s. Fox's Lonestar is set in the oil industry of Houston and Midland. Executives are taking what was termed "a look" at Austin as a filming location today but long ago ruled out Houston.

Chase, the NBC action show, also is set in Houston but will film in Dallas. Brown said 20th Century Fox had to move quickly on the series.

"There was more to offer to us immediately here in Dallas," he said. "They [Houston] need to build their crew base up, and they're working on it."

Wow! So Chase will be set in Houston also, but will tape in Dallas. Cool enough!

This thing is supposed to be set in Houston. I heard it on a promo the other night.

I looked for more information on that show (Neighbors From Hell) and found nothing that said it was set in Houston. Besides the energy company drilling to the center of the earth and the Southern accent I heard from one of the characters, what else suggest or says that its set in Houston?

I looked for more information on that show (Neighbors From Hell) and found nothing that said it was set in Houston. Besides the energy company drilling to the center of the earth and the Southern accent I heard from one of the characters, what else suggest or says that its set in Houston?

I heard it on a promo the other night.

Let's hope that the right-wing wackos don't poison future deals. They're already going ballistic on Paul Rodriguez's latest, Machete, claiming that what appears to be a comedy is intended to incite race wars. Seriously.

I received an email from the president of TXMPA, which read in part:

We urge everyone to visit www.txmpa.org to learn more about the Texas incentive program. An informed public is less likely to be swayed by misinformation and false allegations such as those currently swirling around the film "Machete.” Please note, this film has yet to submit all of its financial and content material for audit and review. Again, no incentive can be approved and funded until these steps take place.

In the upcoming 2011 Legislative Session, TXMPA will advocate for the continued funding of the Texas Moving Image Incentive Program. The program has made a positive economic impact across the State in both rural areas and large cities. Currently, as a direct result of the incentive program, five network television series are committed to produce shows in Texas along with numerous cable series, feature films, video games, and commercials.

We encourage you to take a moment to contact your legislators (or candidates for the Legislature) and let them know you support our program because of the jobs and revenue it brings to our State. Also, please become a member of TXMPA and join us in our efforts to continue this program. www.txmpa.org join/donate/sponsor

Sounds like a good deal to me... the more the better.

You probably didn't realize that the idea is to portray demons from hell as more lovable and 'human' than native Texans...who are portrayed as pickled-drunk horny hyper-elitist tycoons that can't decide whether they'd rather kick a dog or have sex with it.

Or did you?

You probably didn't realize that the idea is to portray demons from hell as more lovable and 'human' than native Texans...who are portrayed as pickled-drunk horny hyper-elitist tycoons that can't decide whether they'd rather kick a dog or have sex with it.

Or did you?

That describes my next door neighbors. Except for the indecision - they already know what they want to do with the dog.

Or did you?

My apologies. I thought it was a comedy, not a documentary.

But wait! - there's more!

From the most recent TXMPA mailing:

It's been a year and a month since the new Texas Moving Image Industry Incentive Program was enacted and, in case you haven't heard, our Texas TV industry achieved particularly stunning success this month because of it. An unprecedented five primetime network TV series will now shoot in Texas this summer, spanning three out of four broadcast networks - THE GOOD GUYS and LONESTAR (FOX), CHASE and FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS (NBC), and MY GENERATION (ABC) - bringing thousands of jobs for Texans and millions of dollars of spending to our state. In addition, we may be getting a sixth series, as it looks like CHAOS (CBS) may come shoot here this fall as well. (Stay tuned!)

[emphasis added]

Let's hope Houston gets a piece of the pie. At least a sliver.

• 2 weeks later...

Or did you?

I caught about fifteen minutes of this show last night. Mere words can't describe how unfunny and bad it is.

I give it five more episodes before they pull it.

Archived