Which Restaurants Do You Frequent?

editor

Sorry, with college and all my pocket book doesen't support all of those expensive places as often as you all go to them. I'll go to Outback with my family on special occasions or Eva's Mexican food(kuykendah and 1960) maybe once a month. Most of the regular eating out time is spent at the following places: Wata burger(#2 wata sized with everything+bacon and cheese), taco Bell(grilled stuffed burrito), Popeye's(spicy poboys), Taco Cabana(personal fajita plate), Arby's(Big Montana+curly fries), Jack in the Box(Ultimate cheese Burger, Sourdough Jack), James' Cony island on Sundays(3 sometimes 4 clilli and cheese dogs with everything for lunch).

And if not those then a hamburger helper or frozen pizza at home.

Regularly:

benjy's

Breakfast Klub

Ming's

osaka

zula

mia bella

Barnaby's

el publito

Quattro

Thai Sticks

niko niko

Less often:

Artista

shade

Julia's Bistro

Hollywood

La Griglia

Brown Bag Deli

Not so often, but maybe once a month or so:

Bossa

Ruth Chris

Hugo's

Mockingbird Bistro

Rouge

Ouise's

Thelma's BBQ

Goode Company Seafood

Brio - when I visit friends in the Woodlands

Writing this list alerts me to just how much I eat out on a regular basis. It makes me wonder why I spend so much at the grocery stores. Thank goodness for Houston's abundance of reasonably priced and very good restaurants.

Divino's Wine Bar - Favorite Frequent, Highly suggested - across from the Chocolate Bar

Mai's - Best late night spring rolls and viet coffee

Pho 19 - Lunch Favorite in Westchase

Fadi's - Eat there way to often

Michelangelo's - Only been once but plan on may return trips - Try the veal shank

Brennan's - Again only once (spent $700 for 4 person wine dinner). Spectacular.

Cafe Express - Feed me now

Thia Choice - Another favorite in westchase for lunch. Great curries.

Kahn's - Best new york style deli, in west u, grab their famous Reuben sandwich

Amazon Grill - the new one in westchase (convienence is key)

Tandori Oven - 7 of 10 stars

India's Rest. - Great all the time

11th Street Cafe - breakfast here rules

Mia Bellas - My frequent haunt downtown

Ruth Chris - old standby

Red Onion - What is latin fusion?? but its good. go to the one on Kirby.

Romano's Pizza - Whats better than a NY style pizza served with NY attitude!

El Pueblito Place - Best patio in town, great food, probably leaning towards that "fusion" label. On richmond near montrose.

I really should have liked Cafe Express, but I just didn't. I tried it three times and it just seemed like it was good food that got ruined by people trying to make it too frou frou. Sometimes food can taste good when left alone. When you order steak at Outback, you know it's covered in crappy spices to hide the fact that it's a cheap cut of meat. When you go to a high-end restaurant the meat's flavor is allowed to stand on its own. Cafe Express should let more of its food stand on its own.

If you think Cafe Express is frou frou, then don't go to their other restaurant, Taco Milagro... Sweet Potato & Swiss Chard with Guajillo Chile Sauce enchiladas?... now that' frou frou and complicated... who the hell puts chard in an enchilada? Besides, it's pretty tasteless, which results in them having to offer the salsa bar, so you can drench their bland tasteless food in something spicy.

I don't know what's frou frou about the food served at Cafe Express, it's all pretty basic to me... pasta and sauce, chicken and pasta, burgers, salads, sandwiches, I don't see anything pretentious on that menu... just standard cafe fare.