Tennison Lofts At 110 Bagby St.

gto250us

They don't get returned the first, second or third time, but they will send them back if they can't get anyone to receive them. I know a few times packages have come when our concierge was on a break and FED Ex, or whomever would come back the next day. Usually though there is a set time these delivery companies come so someone is always there. But as for this building, I do not know.

We all know that Fedex and UPS packages can be dropped off in a nearby office, or at a neighbor's house or apartment, but anything coming in by US Mail MUST be delivered to the addressee or taken back to the Post Office.

It's a federal crime for US Mail to be delivered or given to anyone but the person to whom it is addressed.

We all know that Fedex and UPS packages can be dropped off in a nearby office, or at a neighbor's house or apartment, but anything coming in by US Mail MUST be delivered to the addressee or taken back to the Post Office.

It's a federal crime for US Mail to be delivered or given to anyone but the person to whom it is addressed.

Well my USPS packages come to the building manager, shrug.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a war here. I just really like where I live and it rather bothered me when the manager was insulted, because she is very sweet. Just fyi, this complex is very small and we know everyone who lives here and your cousin is living in a "glass house" and the fact that you say she hates it here explains her letting her dog piss in the elevator all the time. I don't think the owners really care about this at all, but us tenants do, we all know it's your black dog so please stop... it's rude.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a war here. I just really like where I live and it rather bothered me when the manager was insulted, because she is very sweet. Just fyi, this complex is very small and we know everyone who lives here and your cousin is living in a "glass house" and the fact that you say she hates it here explains her letting her dog piss in the elevator all the time. I don't think the owners really care about this at all, but us tenants do, we all know it's your black dog so please stop... it's rude.

Um, Yeah, before you try and call me out: Two things you need to know...

1)I do not live here, I live at Commerce Tower

2)My cousin doesn't own a dog, she has never owned a dog or a cat, she is allergic to them...

(Added this later, after thinking about it):

As for the person letting their dog defecate in the elevator, GROSS!! I hope they have a camera in the elevator that catches the person. The building should bill them for the cleaning cost.

Edited by Daniepwils

Um, Yeah, before you try and call me out: Two things you need to know...

1)I do not live here, I live at Commerce Tower

2)My cousin doesn't own a dog, she has never owned a dog or a cat, she is allergic to them...

(Added this later, after thinking about it):

As for the person letting their dog defecate in the elevator, GROSS!! I hope they have a camera in the elevator that catches the person. The building should bill them for the cleaning cost.

I

If I remember correctly, sometime in the early to mid '60s, the son of a Chancellor at A&M was found murdered there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lived here almost a year now, and I quite like it, everyone is very friendly. Is the post office ever going to announce the results of the sealed bidding, however? The pothole needs fixed bad. I have never had a problem getting my mail that I am aware of, and I have even moved units within the building.

• 3 months later...

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=9088

Good little history lesson on this building. And I am surprised the vacancy rate is so low! Good job for them. (things I thought were interesting in blue)

Before and After (well, way before.) It was designed by Joseph Finger, built in 1922, and was the Tennison Hotel (top) when it fronted a train station. Jump forward to 2003—the owners couldn’t settle on a plan (luxury apartments? Office space? Boutique hotel?), and it was eventually foreclosed. It sat vacant for nearly five years before it was bought by Yazdcorp Funds V, led by developer Bob Yadzdani, and underwent renovations. Most construction was completed in 2007, and renters began moving into the 33-unit Tennison Lofts (below) about 10 months ago. If the "after" photo still doesn’t look correct, it’s because an awning has since been added.

Yazdcorp VP Firouz Shir led most of the design and construction; he tells us the building had two inches of dust when he first entered. We snapped him with property manager Stephanie Lazcano in their favorite apartment, the Atrium Loft (all units have New York names). Previously a one-story storage room, it was the last unit completed and is the largest. Firouz particularly enjoyed adding the second floor and staircase. He says renovating the property was extremely difficult, and in fact he had an architect, engineer, and some contractors quit mid-project. One challenge: making the ceiling safer. The hotel’s ceiling insulation had heavy metal bars so Firouz installed lattice ceilings throughout for support.

The property has three lofts available (if our math is right, that’s about 91% occupied). Units range from 700 SF to nearly 1,800 SF. And don’t worry about freeway noise—all glass is double-paned and sound resistant. Construction isn’t quite done—seven penthouses are being built now on the seventh floor, bringing the property to 40 units. Firouz also has designs ready to build a lounge in a storage space. And we’ll end on some trivia: the Tennison Hotel was featured in Ripley’s Believe It or Not because the builders ordered exactly 10k bricks but it took 10,001 to complete.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Tennison Hotel/Lofts At 110 Bagby St.
  • The title was changed to Tennison Lofts At 110 Bagby St.