What Could This Be?

This sign just recently went up on the north side of I-10 between Westgreen and Fry Road. It says "Once Upon a Time" "Coming Soon" 2012. It also has a figure of a shield and swords as well as dolphins. Several year ago there was a sign in the same area that said something about water park and entertainment center with restuarants and hotels. Not sure if the two are related or not. The sword make me think of something like Medieval Times or something and the dolphins could be a waterpark with dolphin shows or something.

Does anybody have any idea what this is going to be?

post-6005-12518320421582_thumb.jpg

I noticed that sign when exiting the freeway on Sunday but didn't have a chance to get a good look at it. You are right - there was supposed to be some sort of entertainment complex in that area although I thought it was going to be further west between Westgreen and Mason (on the north side of i-10 too). I did a quick google search of the Dreaven Entertainment Group and literally came up with nothing. Someone should try to call the number...I did but chickened out!

I noticed that sign when exiting the freeway on Sunday but didn't have a chance to get a good look at it. You are right - there was supposed to be some sort of entertainment complex in that area although I thought it was going to be further west between Westgreen and Mason (on the north side of i-10 too). I did a quick google search of the Dreaven Entertainment Group and literally came up with nothing. Someone should try to call the number...I did but chickened out!

Take off group and you'll find some stuff.

Like they got swindled by a loan broker, heh http://libn.com/blog/2009/04/03/loan-broker-accused-of-aiding-agape/

Some 86 year old guy named Ralph Abercia running the operation. No clue what the project is.

• 1 month later...

Anybody know what this is gong to be? Was anyone brave enough to call the number?

RAISES HAND........."OOOOOO, OOOOOOO, OOOOOOO" I know I know............

It's a WaterPark ! Seriously. They have been working on this for a few years. The plan used to be the land across from Champion Ford on I-10, but it fell through on the funding. Apparently they got someone with decent credit now.

How have you confirmed this information? A water park would be awesome - especially since Astroworld has been gone for a while now and the next best thing is Splashtown on I-45 North. Do you have any more detail? I looked on google again and still didn't come up with anything.

How have you confirmed this information? A water park would be awesome - especially since Astroworld has been gone for a while now and the next best thing is Splashtown on I-45 North. Do you have any more detail? I looked on google again and still didn't come up with anything.

There is another thread around here somewhere.......this subject has been brought up before. I will try to locate the original thread.

Here is what I believe it was going to be, and now these new guys have taken over.

http://www.kpgarchitects.com/hosp.htm

It was called Indigo Earth, and there is a thread or two on here about it from 2004.

There is another thread around here somewhere.......this subject has been brought up before. I will try to locate the original thread.

Here is what I believe it was going to be, and now these new guys have taken over.

It was called Indigo Earth, and there is a thread or two on here about it from 2004.

I compared the map in the link above to hcad's map of the area in Katy east of Westgreen Rd and it looks like a match.  Look at section 3 and the eastern portion of section 2 on facet map 4558C below (also the east-west road in the map above does appear to say Park Row Road)...

http://hcad.org/cgi-...p.asp?map=4558C

Schiltterbahn >> Splashtown, but point taken. A waterpark in this area would be great. Would definitely get much use from all of the Katy kids. Will probably be a parents drop-off or teen hangout type of place.

Schiltterbahn >> Splashtown, but point taken. A waterpark in this area would be great. Would definitely get much use from all of the Katy kids. Will probably be a parents drop-off or teen hangout type of place.

Guess I was trying to say the closest thing is Splashtown...but then I forgot that there is a Schlitterbahn in Galveston now. Either way...this would be nice for Katy.

Back when it was Indigo Earth, I don't remember it ever saying anything about swimming with dolphins. It did have a hotel and an indoor/outdoor water park, but I don’t recall the dolphin thing. If you look at the legend of the map, it shows, near the aquarium, a place where you can swim with dolphins. And if you look at the sign for "Once Upon a Time" that's been put up, it has dolphins jumping out of the water. So it seems this really might be a resurrection of the Indigo Earth project.

• The title was changed to What Could This Be?

Archived