HAIF NCAA weekly pickem challenge

Highway6

So the two big games this weekend are Ohio State @ Penn State and LSU @ Bama. I'm thinking you gotta go with the home team on both, even though Penn State layed an egg the first time a competent opponent came to town (Iowa). I think they have improved since then and the rivalry factor is a little higher for the Buckeyes. As far as Bama, even without the ability to execute the forward pass, they have been riding Mark Ingram for all he's worth. So far so good, and I think you can expect more of the same this weekend at home.

What I don't understand is Tulsa being favored. Has anyone seen them play? Their best game was a 28-21 loss to Boise State which I'm assuming overlooked them completely to let it get that close. 2 of their 4 wins against winless teams...all of this equals a big head scratcher for me.

Apparently, this new rivalry has a pretty crazy history:

2007 in Tulsa - Tulsa 56 Houston 7

2008 in Houston - Houston 70 Tulsa 30 (no, that's not a mistype)

So apparently homefield advantage plays a big part in this based on the limited data points they have.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, this new rivalry has a pretty crazy history:

2007 in Tulsa - Tulsa 56 Houston 7

2008 in Houston - Houston 70 Tulsa 30 (no, that's not a mistype)

So apparently homefield advantage plays a big part in this based on the limited data points they have.

In 2007, Tulsa thought they had a chance to run the table. I remember because they backed out of a game with Tech. In 2007 they went to the conference championship and won their bowl game. Last years game and this years record aren't quite as pretty, but, that's why they play the games.

*shakes head* Oh Lockmat... you sadden me so.

:[

... that's my uber-sad face.

http://football.fant...7873/grouppicks

my procrastination got the best of me. I ended up going out after work unexpectedly and thought about my picks as soon as i left the office. :( I almost called a family member to make the picks for me but I forgot to do that too

Oh well...hopefully the rest of you will forget one week too, haha, jk :) Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Damn, we all really mailed it in this last week. Even if lockmat gets this last game, that's only 8 out of 17. I have a real chance of only 3 out of 17 after starting out 1 of the first 11. You know, it's just as hard to pick them all wrong as it is to pick them all right.

Archived