HAIF NCAA weekly pickem challenge

Highway6

Was anyone else watching the clock after UH scored on the final drive? There was at LEAST two, if not three times that the clock person let it run an extra two or three seconds after the play was CLEARLY dead. I'm not sure it would have mattered, but he took at least 5 or 6 seconds away from Texas Tech. Cheater. Oh well, I'm really happy for UH. Hope they get in a BCS game, if not the championship!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was anyone else watching the clock after UH scored on the final drive? There was at LEAST two, if not three times that the clock person let it run an extra two or three seconds after the play was CLEARLY dead. I'm not sure it would have mattered, but he took at least 5 or 6 seconds away from Texas Tech. Cheater. Oh well, I'm really happy for UH. Hope they get in a BCS game, if not the championship!

I did notice that. But...I also noticed it happening earlier in the game for both sides.

That happened, but the screen play on first down of the final drive ran off more clock than any clock operator could ever dream of. Plus, it was at UH, a little home cooking is expected. They did what any good home operator should do.

• 2 weeks later...

My Aggies... up 3 touchdowns early in the 3rd... in Lubbock....

Did NOT see this coming after last week's debacle... Brijon... I should have had placed a side bet on this game with ya.

Aggies havent won in that cursed wasteland since '93

My Aggies... up 3 touchdowns early in the 3rd... in Lubbock....

Did NOT see this coming after last week's debacle... Brijon... I should have had placed a side bet on this game with ya.

Aggies havent won in that cursed wasteland since '93

Texas Tech played this weekend? I had no idea...

brijon, highway, we just missed that Iowa/IU game! Let's hope IU scores w/ a few seconds to go...

edit: interception iowa :(

i know... we looked like geniuses during the first half.... credit Iowa for a good comeback.. beat the spread by .5

Looks like coogs gonna pull it out.. but not by enough to help any of us.

edit.. my math was off... we'll just make it.

redemption! :)

That was basically a throw away game relative to our yahoo game though since everyone chose them.

Yeah brijon, not the best week to lay en egg. We still got 5 weeks though, anything can happen.

Lockmat has been pretty consistent at the top... we could all use him having a bad week.

For me personally, if i'm to have any chance, I figure i need a 2-3 pnt lead prior to the final week, because I already know it's a given i'll pick who I want to win in some of the rivalry thanksgiving games instead of picking with my head.

gallery_1072_87_213659.jpg

So the two big games this weekend are Ohio State @ Penn State and LSU @ Bama. I'm thinking you gotta go with the home team on both, even though Penn State layed an egg the first time a competent opponent came to town (Iowa). I think they have improved since then and the rivalry factor is a little higher for the Buckeyes. As far as Bama, even without the ability to execute the forward pass, they have been riding Mark Ingram for all he's worth. So far so good, and I think you can expect more of the same this weekend at home.

What I don't understand is Tulsa being favored. Has anyone seen them play? Their best game was a 28-21 loss to Boise State which I'm assuming overlooked them completely to let it get that close. 2 of their 4 wins against winless teams...all of this equals a big head scratcher for me.

Archived