Wally World In College Station

zaphod

I went by today, this project is finally coming together! Most of the interior construction wall has been torn down blocking the new entrance, exposing a couple of future leased/specialty spaces next to the new entrances. The new entrance doors on the existing store have been installed and appear that they will be operational very soon. The portion of the parking lot which has been closed off is currently being ripped up and replaced at various points. It looks like this new entrance will open within the next couple of weeks, at which point the old entrance will be closed and walled over. More flooring has been replaced throughout the store, and new restrooms are being finished at the back of the store. Also, some departments are being moved into their final locations!

I went by today, this project is finally coming together! Most of the interior construction wall has been torn down blocking the new entrance, exposing a couple of future leased/specialty spaces next to the new entrances. The new entrance doors on the existing store have been installed and appear that they will be operational very soon. The portion of the parking lot which has been closed off is currently being ripped up and replaced at various points. It looks like this new entrance will open within the next couple of weeks, at which point the old entrance will be closed and walled over. More flooring has been replaced throughout the store, and new restrooms are being finished at the back of the store. Also, some departments are being moved into their final locations!

Sounds great. Can't wait to visit.

• 1 month later...

Last week, the original entrance doors have finally closed.

This is a very nice Walmart on the outside. It would be great if they built all their new stores like this and not cheaply with cinder blocks. I think people would look at Walmart in a new way. It would be great if they updated the Bryan Walmart both inside and out.

It would be great if they updated the Bryan Walmart both inside and out.

Probably not. They recently repainted (removing "Supercenter" from the sign, oddly) and remodeled the Caldwell store. I should go to Navasota's (rather small) Wal-Mart to see an "small-town" Wal-Mart before it's too late!

Google Maps has updated, letting you see the expansion of the Wal-Mart from the air.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Wally World In College Station

Archived