Melcher Crossing Shopping Center At 4218 San Felipe St.

I just heard the latest demo rumors. Apparently the Roll-N Saloon At 4200 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX (or rather the little strip center it's in) is slated for demo and to be replaced by an 'upscale retail center.' Could this be part of another project? I have zero confirmation, but my buddy at work just read it on his Houston Aggie alum forum.

Too bad. That's the sort of neighborhood bar I wish we had more of. LeRoy Melcher / Melcher Investments.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just heard the latest demo rumors. Apparently the Roll-N (or rather the little strip center it's in) is slated for demo and to be replaced by an 'upscale retail center.' Could this be part of another project? I have zero confirmation, but my buddy at work just read it on his Houston Aggie alum forum.

Too bad. That's the sort of neighborhood bar I wish we had more of.

So what is where the Roll-N used to be? Is it "upscale"?

So what is where the Roll-N used to be? Is it "upscale"?

I'm trying to remember the name--we drove past a couple of weeks ago and saw a sign that said something like The Depot--and I believe with a little tag that said 'neighborhood bar'. Which leads me to believe it's not lounge-y but probably nicer than the Roll-N.

Speaking of bars, I hear the D&W in my hood has its mardi gras tree up. Time for a visit.

The name of the new bar is the RailYard. Went during their first week and I would say it's more upscale than the Roll-N, but then again how could it not be. I pulled a photo from their Facebook page to give you a general idea. Best thing about the bar is that they kept the bartenders from the Roll-N.

68653435.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Roll-N Days Numbered?
  • The title was changed to Melcher Crossing Shopping Center At 4218 San Felipe St.
  • 1 year later...