Neighborhoods In Stafford

CCMom

My in-laws are thinking of moving to Stafford to be closer to the grandkids in Houston. They are moving from out of state and we live inside the loop, so I don't know anything about Stafford neighborhoods. Is anyone familiar with the area? If so, where would you suggest looking? I did a quick search on HAR and there is a fair amount of stuff that fits their criteria, so it appears that we have a lot of options. They want a safe, consistent neighborhood (and by that I mean a neighborhood where all of the houses are basically well cared for - no partially gentrified areas for them!).

Any ideas where to look?

thanks!

I grew up in Missouri City, so perhaps I'm a bit biased ... but Stafford is the trashy part of the Fort Bend region. Very trashy, like busted armchairs on the front porch and tireless cars on blocks in the yard.

Missouri City (the Quail Valley subdivision) or Sugar Land (Sugar Creek and First Colony) would be far better choices.

I wouldn't live in Stafford. Why are they looking there?

The Grove West neighborhood along Dairy Ashford is in Stafford. The homes were built by David Weekly and Perry. I highly recommend this consistent and well cared for neighborhood. Plus, NO CITY PROPERTY TAXES.

Go to http://www.har.com and put Grove West in the Advanced search subdivision. It will list four homes. The prices range from 294K to 225K

They also read the article about no property taxes and were intrigued by that.

They are both retired and are really just moving to be closer to my kids - they need a safe, friendly place that won't put too heavy a strain on their retirement incomes. If there are other neighborhoods where they can get a three bedroom house for less than $225K and be in a nice community, they would be interested.

They also read the article about no property taxes and were intrigued by that.

They are both retired and are really just moving to be closer to my kids - they need a safe, friendly place that won't put too heavy a strain on their retirement incomes. If there are other neighborhoods where they can get a three bedroom house for less than $225K and be in a nice community, they would be interested.

I have a senior friend that lives in a very nice gated senior community [ Bellvilla ] on Scarsdale in Pearland bought hers 3 or 4 years ago for $125,000 Clean quiet has walk path around manmade ponds with fountains, clubhouse community pool, light up for christmas, U S Flags displayed proudly on holidays.

There is a neighborhood in Stafford off of Avenue E called Colonial Lakes or something, along with Applewood creek...or something, with very recent homes. Promenade has some decent homes as well, which are around 10-15 yrs old. The pricing range seems to be within the range of 225k, so that's something you may want to look at.

The Grove West neighborhood along Dairy Ashford is in Stafford. The homes were built by David Weekly and Perry. I highly recommend this consistent and well cared for neighborhood. Plus, NO CITY PROPERTY TAXES.

Go to http://www.har.com and put Grove West in the Advanced search subdivision. It will list four homes. The prices range from 294K to 225K

Forgot that was Stafford. Not a bad area at all. When I think of Stafford I think of south of 90.

• The title was changed to Neighborhoods In Stafford

Archived