HAIF Happy Hour - 5/2009

HAIF Happy Hour - 5/2009  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which dates and times work for your schedule? (Select all that apply.)

• Thursday, May 21st, 6:00PM until it's over
    • Friday, May 22nd, 6:00PM until it's over
    • Saturday May 23rd, 2:00PM until it's over
    • Saturday, May 23rd, 6:00PM until it's over
    • Thursday, May 28th, 6:00PM until it's over
    • Friday, May 29th, 6:00PM until it's over
    • Saturday May 30th, 2:00PM until it's over
    • Saturday, May 30th, 6:00PM until it's over

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, this should be an interesting evening- I think we need to introduce ourselves and be known of that night as our Screen Log in name, right? Real names might be confusing...

Following on from that, I wish my user name started with "The"; that was smart thinking, perfect for introductions. Hello, I am The "X".......

Although I've not really been in Houston too long, I'm guessing an event like this might have happened previous and some folks might know each other a little anyway?

In any case, I look forward to meeting folks and putting some (Login) names to faces :)

Cheers

HustonRanger

Awesome, this should be an interesting evening- I think we need to introduce ourselves and be known of that night as our Screen Log in name, right? Real names might be confusing...

We typically go by first names, but I'll admit that the first few times I meet someone from HAIF, it's harder to remember their real name than their user name. Whatever...it really doesn't matter. It's all very low-key. Just take it easy and have a good time.

There might be somebody there who wants to remain more or less anonymous (houston-development, I'm looking in your direction), and if they want to stick to their user name, I certainly won't blow their cover. Good reporters and good HAIFers are alike in that they protect their sources.

Although I've not really been in Houston too long, I'm guessing an event like this might have happened previous and some folks might know each other a little anyway?

We seem to have these about every three or four months. There are probably about 8 to 12 HAIFers that I'm going know, but turnout looks to be so good that there'll be plenty of new faces too.

Hmmm. Red has been RedScarce lately on the boards, which is fine.....but a HAIF drinking event without him wouldn't be the same. What will it take to lure you out of your haitus, Red?

We've been in touch. He wants to be there and it is a distinct possibility that he will be.

Hmmm. Red has been RedScarce lately on the boards, which is fine.....but a HAIF drinking event without him wouldn't be the same. What will it take to lure you out of your haitus, Red?

I'm still around. Been working a bunch of OT. I've told Niche that I want to make it Friday. In fact, I need to get an address. I have my weekend open at this point, so I hope to terrorize the East Side on Friday.

I'm still around. Been working a bunch of OT. I've told Niche that I want to make it Friday. In fact, I need to get an address. I have my weekend open at this point, so I hope to terrorize the East Side on Friday.

You've already got the address. Good to hear that you'll be able to show.

Damn I should have made more beer, it won't last 10 minutes! Oh well, first come first served.

The wife and baby might drop by for a bit, not for long and not late. I'll probably have to leave when they do. I used my hall pass this past weekend for a cross country RV trip bachelor party. So...I'll just be there during the early part of the festivities. I'll be sure to reserve a beer for our gracious host, if anyone else want to claim a cup let me know and I'll do my best to remember to set some aside.

FYI for everyone, I intend to show up with a bottle of vodka, cups, ice, and a couple of litres of tonic. Plenty to share. If that's your drink I've got you covered. I am not, however, cutting limes or rimming cups. This is starting to sound like camping as it is. ;)

This should be fun, particularly since, due to early closure at the office, my happy hour starts about 1.

I count four. It would be five, including EMME.

Porchman is bringing Mrs. Porchman, and of course anybody else who wants to bring a friend or significant other is welcome to. Just don't go nuts on me and show up with your unannounced entourage and/or posse, or anything.

Can I bring an adoptable dog or two? (just kidding, they are both undergoing heartworm treatment and this would be much too much excitemen for them)

...Six women, then...Thought we'd lost her.

Oh no, where was I lost?

I just sent out a map of parking options to the 25 HAIFers who have said that they definitely will or might possibly show up. Throw in some of their friends and significant others, and we might be pushing three dozen people. Remarkable!

I'm thinking now that clamp lights and extension cords might be the best route to give us a larger lit space. I need three lights and two cords. I'll also have an battery-powered lantern for the bathroom, and a couple more devices like that would probably be good to have for the back deck.

I just sent out a map of parking options to the 25 HAIFers who have said that they definitely will or might possibly show up. Throw in some of their friends and significant others, and we might be pushing three dozen people. Remarkable!

I'm thinking now that clamp lights and extension cords might be the best route to give us a larger lit space. I need three lights and two cords. I'll also have an battery-powered lantern for the bathroom, and a couple more devices like that would probably be good to have for the back deck.

Also, we all need to pack in/pack out! Bears are in season; bells on packs are recommended. Fire warning is HIGH. Pit fires prohibited in primitive sites.

OK, Kidding! I think this is awesome that so many people want to come. I'll try and be early enough to have some of the homebrew.

Not looking good for me - still at the office. If I don't see y'all, have a great time tonight!

Just do your best. Folding chairs could be pretty scarce, now.

I'm about to head over to the building, and I'll probably get there just before five. If any of our contributors want to show up a little early, that probably wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Just do your best. Folding chairs could be pretty scarce, now.

I'm about to head over to the building, and I'll probably get there just before five. If any of our contributors want to show up a little early, that probably wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I'm doin it!

Lord. I left a half dozen people there about an hour ago.

Dad's beer is really, really good. There was some consensus he could go big with it.

I assumed a lot less from the Niche and his building and was quite surprised: this space was not at all how I imagined it. It was really cool.

Thanks to Porchman for the great pod hookup. And Chamo. We won't out him yet on the house. ;) All I'm saying is someone needs to have a big pool party....

The event ended around midnight, after which jmancuso, Hittish, and Luis went for Mexican on Harrisburg. I'm just now getting home.

I'm glad you all could make it, and I'm proud that the first words out of everybody's mouth were so consistently awe-inspired at the work that we've done on the building. It was especially interesting that multiple people guessed at what my business model was, considering that it is so unique in scope.

Btw, Porchman, you left some of your lights there. Please PM me an address so I can drop them off. There may be others that have left stuff there, but the lights were the most obvious things in the dark.

Thanks to Porchman for the great pod hookup. And Chamo. We won't out him yet on the house. ;) All I'm saying is someone needs to have a big pool party....

Will work on it.......

Thanks Niche for the hospitality. Beautiful place. Might have to go back and try the Chicken Quesadilla next door since last night I was on the "liquid" diet.

It was really nice see you all and always great to meet new fellow Haifer's.

Archived