Man Purse

lockmat

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chinese aren't slacking:

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20110302_China_s_man_purse___status.html

Red, c'mon, a bunch of lawyers at the courthouse carrying laptop bag is nowhere near the same as a real Murse. Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing you rock a stylish tablet bag. Just remember, only the queen of England still matches shoes to bags. You should go with a pop of color.

Did she get you a Jack pack?

You going to post a photo or link to the specific one you got so we may all judge accordingly? :)

No, it's just a small bag. I'll post a picture this weekend. I went to their website so I don't know if it's a knockoff or not.

Haha, I went through the thread again last night for some good laughs and you posted that jack picture.

The Chinese aren't slacking:

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20110302_China_s_man_purse___status.html

Red, c'mon, a bunch of lawyers at the courthouse carrying laptop bag is nowhere near the same as a real Murse. Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing you rock a stylish tablet bag. Just remember, only the queen of England still matches shoes to bags. You should go with a pop of color.

The problem is, the tablets don't do much. They talk like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, but for business, they're a bit underwhelming. They need to do more than let me peruse facebook, browse the web and watch a stupid movie if I'm going that direction. I wish they would soon. I'd love to downsize from this 10 pound satchel.

The problem is, the tablets don't do much. They talk like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, but for business, they're a bit underwhelming. They need to do more than let me peruse facebook, browse the web and watch a stupid movie if I'm going that direction. I wish they would soon. I'd love to downsize from this 10 pound satchel.

I would suggest the MacBook Air. It has the benefits of flash storage and is really thin and light, but it's still a real computer with a keyboard. I was really tempted last time I was at Microcenter and they were on sale.

That's more of a saddle bag than a purse.:D

It is cool looking, but at more than 4 pounds empty has got to be a pain to lug when you've got all your stuff in it. I have one that looks similar, but is much thinner with only one main pocket and a couple of side pockets that only weighs maybe a pound or pound and a half at most that I picked up at Burlington Coat Factory a few years ago. I use it to lug my remote work setup (laptop, cord, misc gadgets) and a rarely used legal pad when I can get away with not having my full kit.

After 6 years and 200,000 miles traveled my current leather computer bag is at its life's end, so I'm looking for another one too. I'd love one that is smaller but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I agree about tablets, they are toys, not tools. I need files (not just photos) and I could give a crap about apps.

I carry the insulated Central Market bag daily. It holds my keys, phone, wallet, gym clothes, etc... It also has enough room to throw in crap I pick up at the grocery or pharmacy too. The best thing it does though is convert to a tailgating cooler really easily. The shoulder straps make hauling beer/ice across distances much easier than a typical cooler.

My bike bag is an army surplus map bag.

It is permanently attached to my bike though. If I could devise a way to hook it on and off quickly I'd sport it around town when riding.

Having anything attached to me that doesn't allow ventilation especially during the heat of summer doesn't get a pass, even a Fanny pouch. Plus with it hooked on as a pannier it rides lower, giving me better balance ..

My bike bag is an army surplus map bag.

It is permanently attached to my bike though. If I could devise a way to hook it on and off quickly I'd sport it around town when riding.

Having anything attached to me that doesn't allow ventilation especially during the heat of summer doesn't get a pass, even a Fanny pouch. Plus with it hooked on as a pannier it rides lower, giving me better balance ..

I prefer to take mine with me so I don't have to worry about it not being there when I get back. But then my fanny pack is pretty small, only about 4 inches max top to bottom and only sticks out about 2 to 3 inches at max. It's small enough that it's mostly covered by my shirt when I'm walking around someplace. Haven't had any noticeable ventilation issues with it.

You might be able to devise something using a couple of carabiners or strap it to a rack over your rear tire.

I carry the insulated Central Market bag daily. It holds my keys, phone, wallet, gym clothes, etc... It also has enough room to throw in crap I pick up at the grocery or pharmacy too. The best thing it does though is convert to a tailgating cooler really easily. The shoulder straps make hauling beer/ice across distances much easier than a typical cooler.

That's a great idea. I've got one too, rolled up inside a lightweight duffle bag bungee-corded to the rear rack on my bike. Keeps the groceries a little cooler when I bike to the store instead of driving.

That's more of a saddle bag than a purse.:D

It is cool looking, but at more than 4 pounds empty has got to be a pain to lug when you've got all your stuff in it. I have one that looks similar, but is much thinner with only one main pocket and a couple of side pockets that only weighs maybe a pound or pound and a half at most that I picked up at Burlington Coat Factory a few years ago. I use it to lug my remote work setup (laptop, cord, misc gadgets) and a rarely used legal pad when I can get away with not having my full kit.

It can get pretty heavy with my 6 lb. laptop, cords, phone, files, legal pad, smokes, glasses and case, and mp3 player. I'd sure like to see some of those 3 and 4 lb. laptops get a little cheaper than $1500-2100. Once you load it with software, it's a pretty good sized check.

It can get pretty heavy with my 6 lb. laptop, cords, phone, files, legal pad, smokes, glasses and case, and mp3 player. I'd sure like to see some of those 3 and 4 lb. laptops get a little cheaper than $1500-2100. Once you load it with software, it's a pretty good sized check.

Yeah, no kidding on those prices and what really sucks is how fast a heavily used laptop will burn out. I've had memory blow on several after just a year or two on a variety of different brands, including sony. Plus the battery will start going downhill after 2-3 years, hinges will break and hard drives go out quicker than on a similar desktop.

I prefer to take mine with me so I don't have to worry about it not being there when I get back. But then my fanny pack is pretty small, only about 4 inches max top to bottom and only sticks out about 2 to 3 inches at max. It's small enough that it's mostly covered by my shirt when I'm walking around someplace. Haven't had any noticeable ventilation issues with it.

You might be able to devise something using a couple of carabiners or strap it to a rack over your rear tire.

that's the good thing, they're like $15 at army surplus stores. not insignificant, but not a big deal either.

cafe_bag.jpg

I tried bungee cords, I may give it another shot.

Yeah, no kidding on those prices and what really sucks is how fast a heavily used laptop will burn out. I've had memory blow on several after just a year or two on a variety of different brands, including sony. Plus the battery will start going downhill after 2-3 years, hinges will break and hard drives go out quicker than on a similar desktop.

if you aren't afraid to open the access panels on the back, you can usually access both memory and hard drive via some tiny screwdrivers. if you lose your hard drive, you can contact the manufacturer to have them send you a copy of the install for your OS (you did pay for it) and then reload with a new HD.

I've got one laptop going on its 2nd hard drive and 5 years of hard use and many miles.

that's the good thing, they're like $15 at army surplus stores. not insignificant, but not a big deal either.

cafe_bag.jpg

I tried bungee cords, I may give it another shot.

if you aren't afraid to open the access panels on the back, you can usually access both memory and hard drive via some tiny screwdrivers. if you lose your hard drive, you can contact the manufacturer to have them send you a copy of the install for your OS (you did pay for it) and then reload with a new HD.

I've got one laptop going on its 2nd hard drive and 5 years of hard use and many miles.

In my case, I've got a flat rack over the back tire with a wire slide out shelf that originally was intended to mount in a narrow kitchen cabinet attached. That has a lip and extends out and back a few inches so I can bungee down a lightweight duffle to carry stuff in. I'd take something like yours (nice bag, btw, I might go take a look at one of those) and just stuff it in the duffle. Take it out when I want to walk around with it, or if you're not worried about it just leave it there.

I'm not afraid to open a laptop up...done it many times... but the point I was making is that laptops have a shorter life in general so I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg for one. The only exception might be a gaming laptop...been wanting one of those for a while.

Additionally, i stopped carrying a wallet and now have a simple money clip and a credit card..

I googled money clip and found a website that their slogan is, "the only money clip in the world that works." Do you have complaints about your money clip? I guess a lot of them don't hold on to the money and cards very well?

What do you do about insurance cards etc...do you carry those with your money clip?

I'm perfectly happy with it. You just put your cards within the fold of the bills and it's hidden away. I don't even take it out of my pocket with some purchases, but different people use money clips in different ways.

I'm perfectly happy with it. You just put your cards within the fold of the bills and it's hidden away. I don't even take it out of my pocket with some purchases, but different people use money clips in different ways.

How do you pay without taking it out? Do you take the money out of it while it's still in your pocket? What kind do you have?

How do you pay without taking it out? Do you take the money out of it while it's still in your pocket? What kind do you have?

You stack the bills by denomination, highest facing out of the roll. When it's in your pocket, you can either ****** the first bill(s) in the roll to make your purchase, or take the whole thing out. I prefer not to whip it out in public. The cards are placed in a certain way so you can access it quickly.

I have a nice vintage silver one I found several years ago....but I'm looking at one from Tiffany that I'm persuading myself to buy.

Lockmat.. it doesn't look bad. But i do think it would be more of a man purse if it at least had barbed wire for the strap.

Or you're jack Bauer.

People just don't know how to carry light anymore.

Get yourself some Bill's Khakis. They have BIG pockets and you can carry quite a bit.

I carry a phone, a small camera, my "wad", and a set of keys. That's it.

By the looks of it, I might start carrying around a Kindle, but my phone handles that too. so that can stay at home.

Or you're jack Bauer.

People just don't know how to carry light anymore.

Get yourself some Bill's Khakis. They have BIG pockets and you can carry quite a bit.

I carry a phone, a small camera, my "wad", and a set of keys. That's it.

By the looks of it, I might start carrying around a Kindle, but my phone handles that too. so that can stay at home.

How do you know I'm not badder than JB?

Also, I hate a lot of things in my pockets, so that's not an option. I've been wearing my purse for a week now and am getting quite comfortable with it and I really haven't gotten any weird looks either, at least none that I've seen :P

Archived