Olivier (Chemistry Music)

Mike W. ( Dedicated)

LBO (Uniform/Zimms)

Hippo (Turn it up/Chemistry Music)

Estefex (Turn it up/Chemistry Music)

John Osario ( Rotate)

Brotha Jabril (Rent/Rotate)

BBQ In Full Effect!

This will be NOTHING like the Street Festival's of yesteryear. They don't close down Westheimer, these stages will only be around Taft & Westheimer and it's one day only! I'm just glad the Free Press is trying.

Thanks for posting that, groovehouse.

I'm glad that the tradition continues. The more manageable scale will probably attract more of the people who actually frequent the neighborhood. Much as I miss the old Westheimer Festival, it had become a behemoth which trampled out the essential qualities it was supposed to celebrate.

Stage Lineup and Set Times:

Numbers

300 Westheimer

Standing Souls 12:45-1:15

Arthur Yoria 1:30-2:00

Eldridge 2:15-2:45

Jack in the Pulpit 3:00-3:30

SkyBlue72 3:45-4:15

Mechanical Boy 4:30-5:00

bojones 5:15-5:45

Million Year Dance 6:00-6:30

J.W Americana 6:45-7:15

PennyRoyal 7:30-8:00

Followed by Danseparc inside Numbers

Mangoe

This isn't the "You Get What You Give" Free Radicals, is it?

No, that was the New Radicals - this is a funk/jazz/experimental band with plenty of horns, a kick-ass drummer, some dude on 6 string bass and few other musicians thrown in to round it out. They are good! I caught them at Rudyards and they turned it out!

I miss the old Westhiemer Street Fest. Man those were fun. But the city of Houston in its infinite wisdom decided to take control of it and tried to make it into a money maker. Idiots. That's like if the New Orleans goverment started to charge an entrance fee into the french quarter.

sadly true.

it is rumored to be rescheduled for some time in may.

there are some good bands too --- dammit!

confirmed by the free press...

WESTFEST CANCELLED--WILL ANNOUNCE RAIN DATE

"Sorry folks. For those of you who were not awake at 7:45, It rained like a mother____er and muddied our festival space enough to where stages could not be set up and sound equipment became a hazard. Our weather manipulation device that we acquired from the Soviets is currently non-functional due to a broken timing belt. We will announce a rain date as soon as reasonably possible; TONIGHT OR TOMMOROW. In the meanwhile, some of the bands/ARTISTS booked fror the fest will play Super Happy Fun Land at 2610 Ashland in the Heights. Give us a call w/any questions: 713 527 0014."

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING/DISPLAYING AT SUPERHAPPYFUNLAND TONIGHT, CALL BRYAN AT 713 927 7422

BANDS SLATED TO PLAY ARE:

PENNY ROYAL

OTENKI

GENERIC TRIBE

ALL THE BANDS FROM THE SUPERHAPPY MANGO STAGE

Edited by torvald

Alas...ALAS!

Still, it's a chance to see the Art Car parade without feeling guilty about missing the block party.

What time do the bands start at SuperHappyFunLand?

April 29th

West Fest Rain Party @ Super Happy Fun Land!

Novice 1pm-2pm

The Magentic Frosties 2pm-3pm

The Dimes 3pm-4pm

The Riff Tiffs 4pm-5pm

The Balck Math Experiment 5pm-6pm

Stare Decisis 6pm-7pm

Suspender Man 7pm-7:20pm

PSA/The Krinkles 7:30-8:15pm

Organ Failure 8:15-9pm

MILLION YEAR DANCE 9pm-10pm

Penny Royal 10pm-11pm

OTENKI 11pm-12am

GENERIC TRIBE 12am-1am

Rusted Shut 1am-2am

CLICK HERE FOR LINK

Edited by torvald

137003096_61fedccc08.jpg

These guys set up a guerilla art show in one of the locations of the Westheimer Block Party...Looks like they decided to make the most of a bad situation! The artists were Shane Hillman and Eli Brombaugh of Dirty Sunshine!

Edited by groovehouse

137003096_61fedccc08.jpg

These guys set up a guerilla art show in one of the locations of the Westheimer Block Party...Looks like they decided to make the most of a bad situation! The artists were Shane Hillman and Eli Brumbaugh of Dirty Sunshine!

First of all I wanted to thank you on behalf of myself, and my fellow artist Shane Hillman for posting this about our little show that could. We were at numbers at 9am to make sure we could get a good location and then found out at 10:30 that it was called off. We then decided to through our own untill we were removed. The show lasted untill about 4:30 in which we left for the black widow to set up again there down the street. I would like to thank all of the lovely people who came out and sat and shot the bull with us over a beer and some artwork. We really enjoyed doing this show and plan on doing it again at westfest on the 27th.

We will also be expanding on our guerilla art show's into a bi monthly event around montrose. If anyone has any idea to where we coud set up, or should set up please feel free to let me know.

elibrumbaugh@gmail.com

http://www.dirtysunshine.com/elibrumbaugh

http://www.dirtysunshine.com/

http://www.myspace.com/elibrumbaugh

my contact information.

Edited by Eli Brumbaugh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...