Westheimer Block Party

• 2 years later...

The Bayou City Art Festival is this weekend. Hearing that made me reminisce of the good old days of the Westheimer Art Festival. Then I ran across (I think on Free Press) that the Westheimer Block Party is this weekend. I couldn't really find too much information on this, other than bands will be performing. Does anyone know the location of the stages? I just moved back to Montrose in January after being in other inner-loop locations for the past 25+ years and am loving it. I'm in the Westmoreland Historic District, so I can easily bop on over there on foot.

I found a listing of the stages and their locations. I read somewhere that the outside daytime stages are free and a wristband gets you into all the inside venues. I couldn't find a price. The hood's gonna be a rockin' this weekend.

Here are the stages:

KTRU Stage - Numbers Parking Lot

Mango's Inside Stage - 403 Westheimer

Avant Garden - 411 Westheimer

City of Montrose Stage - 240 Westheimer

Austin Layne Hotel - 408 Westheimer

LaStrada Upstairs - 203 Westheimer

Edit: 100 bands in all. Nightime bands are $20.00 for 20 bands. Such a bwagain!

Edited by rsb320

This would be great if the organizers would pick up the garbage left behind by the participants.

I live in The Montrose and you can gauge the quality of a festival by the trash left over the next day. The Pride Parade and Griff's St Patrick's Day parties are no problem. They must have a bunch of folks picking up garbage after they close down at night. No more trash than after a normal Friday or Saturday night,

But the Greek Fest and the Westheimner Block Festival? Garbage everywhere.

This is not one of those, "You knew what you were getting yourselve into" deals either. I don't mind the noise or the cars - that comes with the territory.

But from now on I will be going to city council to fight to get these people to clean up after themselves.

• 2 months later...