Houston Ranks #1 For New Corporate Buildings

From: http://www.siteselection.com/issues/2009/mar/Top-Metros/

Big Oil has long been the big money maker in Houston, but the largest city in Texas lured capital from many other industries in 2008, enough to capture the No. 1 metropolitan area ranking for corporate facility projects from Site Selection.

Dallas is #2. Tulsa is #7 in medium-sized metropolitan areas. Nothing regional on the small-sized metro list.

^ Nice reference to the Crow, Red.

How the hell is Detroit #5 on that list!? :blink:

Even though Detroit looks post-apocalyptic, the metro area actually has some really nice suburbs where most of the new development occurs.

Also, I found it interesting that Moseley thinks we have a "delightful" climate.

Even though Detroit looks post-apocalyptic, the metro area actually has some really nice suburbs where most of the new development occurs.

That still doesn't make any sense. The Detroit metro area is hemorrhaging jobs and has been since around 2002 worse than any other American metro area.

Also, I found it interesting that Moseley thinks we have a "delightful" climate.

Better here than Buffalo, NY. I went on a week-long kayaking trip around New Year's. People just can't do that kind of thing in the rust belt.

Maybe he can perform simple math, and determined that the 8-9 good months outweighed the 3-4 bad months.

I would reserve the work delightful for places like the Florida Keys or southern California. And I'm usually the one defending the climate in Houston.

Sounds like they pulled it from some of the propoganda from the city tourism board. According to the visithouston website, we have a "modern" climate. Would someone like to explain what the &%^$ that means? :mellow:

If it's August, perhaps "modern" means "post-apocalyptic."

• The title was changed to Houston Ranks #1 For New Corporate Buildings