Posting images

How do you post an image? I have never done this because I don't know how. I suspect I am not alone.

When you click the "post image" button, it asks for a URL.

How do I go about giving something I scanned a URL?

I tried using Picasa, but that didn't work.

Help! I need simple step by step instructions. I tried searching the web site but I couldn't find anything.

How do you post an image? I have never done this because I don't know how. I suspect I am not alone.

When you click the "post image" button, it asks for a URL.

How do I go about giving something I scanned a URL?

I tried using Picasa, but that didn't work.

Help! I need simple step by step instructions. I tried searching the web site but I couldn't find anything.

What's the "post image" button? I don't see it on this forum.

To give an image a URL, you have to host it on a web site. Flickr and PhotoBucket are popular sites for that purpose. Picasa seems to be the same sort of thing. You'll have to create an account at one of those, then upload your photo. The site will provide you with a URL for that image, which you cut and paste into the dialog launched by the "Insert Image" button here.

This is the post image button: rte-image-button.png

Meme is right - you have to have the image hosted/uploaded somewhere to use that function. Tinypic.com is the one I use away from my web site.

Another option is to upload a photo here by clicking the Browse button in the lower right hand part of the reply window:

2r6e8gx.jpg

You are right, tomv, I struggle with posting from photobucket...meme, sevfiv or anyone else, can you also tell us which is the best way to link or save...img or html? I like to have the pic show up directly on haif with no link to other pics in my collection, but struggle to remember how, each time. I've never used the inset image button, maybe that's the problem.

Looks like sevfiv already answered, above...thnx, you're quick.

But...img or html ???

how many cups of coffee have you had? LOL

Was that directed at me, Musicman??? :o about 5, but not quite enough :P ...didn't realize you could upload from any source here. Thought that function had limited space, thought it was only for HAIF provided limited space attachments. I ran out of room real quick using that, when I first started HAIFing. Computer stuff doesn't come easy to me...I drove my fellow workers crazy. :lol:

I'm always thinking, there has to be an easy way to do this.

Was that directed at me, Musicman??? :o about 5, but not quite enough ...didn't realize you could upload from any source here. Thought that function had limited space, thought it was only for HAIF provided limited space attachments. I ran out of room real quick using that, when I first started HAIFing. Computer stuff doesn't come easy to me...I drove my fellow workers crazy. :lol:

I'm always thinking, there has to be an easy way to do this.

Naw NenaE, I think musicman was referencing sevfiv's crazy red circle. :lol:

Hence the jittery caffeine reference.

There are a number of different photo hosting services that can be utilized for this. Flickr, Photobucket and Imageshack are three of the best and easiest to use.

Just sign up for one of those sites (they're all free), upload the picture you've scanned or otherwise saved to your own computer and -- voila! -- the site now hosts the photo for you and provides you with a URL for the photo itself. See the image below for an example.

post-5349-1235752856_thumb.png

You'll just copy that URL and paste it into the box as prompted after you click the "Insert Image" button.

Hope this helps!

That jittery red circle was the outcome of me trying really hard to not make it crazy looking! :P

:lol: Wish I knew how to draw squiggly red lines on my posts, after all that coffee. :lol: I'll work on that.

Thanks for the helpful hints.

Archived