Home At 7839 Fondren Rd.

martydurlam

Y'aller dumb. This house rocks! I went there and looked around. It's been neglected though. I think the original owner was an artist and recently past away. The outdoor shower has nothing to do with the 1.5 baths mentioned-it's just extra. The landscaping is gorgeous! I agree the interior pics are lame, but I blame that on the realator not really knowing what he's got! Not so great location I agree, but this is truely a diamond in the rough. Go by and look at it during the day. Thanks for the replies! Peace!

While you may have different opinions and have more knowledge of this house, please do not resort to name calling.

I agree that the realtor is to blame for the pictures, but that is all we have to go on.

Having so much clutter in photos should be a first "no-no" for basic Realtor photo taking 101.

Y'aller dumb. This house rocks! I went there and looked around. It's been neglected though. I think the original owner was an artist and recently past away. The outdoor shower has nothing to do with the 1.5 baths mentioned-it's just extra. The landscaping is gorgeous! I agree the interior pics are lame, but I blame that on the realator not really knowing what he's got! Not so great location I agree, but this is truely a diamond in the rough. Go by and look at it during the day. Thanks for the replies! Peace!

This is one of the greatest pictures I have ever seen posted on HAR.com

hr2218544-2.jpg

I personally think the Realtor knows exactly what he's got, I place no one wants to buy, but he did a magnificent job with the description "Wonderful Bohemian retreat. 3-1.5-1 plus an outdoor shower. Ceiling fan. Imagine a forest in the middle of the city. Amazing privacy is provided by this urban forest. No wasted space. The outdoor shower provides hot-and-cold water secluded from neighbors by countless trees and foliage. Easy access to Southwest Freeway. Walk to Houston Baptist University across the street." You know its a tough one when one of the highlights of the entire house is "ceiling fan". Judging from the photos a more fitting description would be: "Nightmare. Caveat Emptor. Investor's Only."

i drove by today. it's a small box with a flat roof, very hard to tell what's going on behind all of the plants in the front yard. it is a mcm design, with contemporary lines, it also looks to have a big box on the roof, could be a skylight? very busy street in a bad neighborhood but for 65k you can get a cool house and fix it up with a kick butt alarm system.

could be a good deal for an mcm enthusiast on a budget.

dream

Oh, I get it... the HAR listing is a parody.

It would be fun to write various alternative listing descriptions of this property but how could one top the "actual" listing. I mean, "ceiling fan" as an attribute?

The agent forget to mention the modern marvel of e-l-e-c-t-r-i-c-i-t-y.

And, special mention should have been given to the d-o-o-r-s and w-i-n-d-o-w-s...

wait, don't go yet... there's also a-i-r c-o-n-d-i-t-i-o-n-i-n-g.

You can actually tell a lot from these photos about what to expect in the house itself. First of all this has to be the best urban camouflage I have ever seen. IS there a house in there or not - and what could really be lurking in those bushes? There is also a great deal that is said by the correct placement of original pink flamingos and did anyone notice the Sony SL-5600 box - that's a beta max! This person was an early adopter and embraced new technologies along the way. The type and condition of the books, the kitchen, the general layout suggests a home someone aged in for some time. This someone probably could not physically keep up with things as could be evidenced by the absence of all those recent "trendy" home improvements. With all the trees in close proximity I would be looking for foundation issues, a/c compressor issues, and roof/structure challenges first - not deal breakers, just need to be factored into the restoration plan. The thing is to look at HOW to do something first to answer that why question later.

I would not be too hasty to quip about "air conditioning" domus48, as it would surprise you to know how few MCMs built in Houston until the late fifties had central a/c. In the 1950s central a/c was a big luxury here. Window units were a luxury too and usually only in the Master Bedroom! A real problem with the preferred flat roof designs were no room for the standard house attic fan that most homes had here.

"I would not be too hasty to quip about "air conditioning" domus48, as it would surprise you to know how few MCMs built in Houston until the late fifties had central a/c... "

Living in a late 1950's, flat roof home myself I am all too familiar with the dynamics of air conditioning layout. Your point is certainly a valid one and I would further that American society at large was substantially altered with the advent of air conditioning -- that's another topic all together. I believe you missed my point: I was merely referencing the fact that a ceiling fan was identified as a key feature, ergo electricity, doors, air conditioning could have also been cited as attributes.

Edited by domus48

• The title was changed to Home At 7839 Fondren Rd.