Pasadena To Get Park & Ride

foxmulder

All "stink" bashing aside all i can say is ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Start-up service in April lets local commuters put it in park

Pasadena will soon have its own park and ride, offering commuters an easy, inexpensive way to travel to the Texas Medical Center or downtown Houston. The park and ride comes as the result of a contract between the City, METRO and Harris County and is projected to be operational as early as April, pending City Council approval.

Once established, the park and ride will be based in the northern part of the Pasadena Town Square mall parking area, near the Sears repair shop. Riders who board the bus in this location can remain aboard to travel to destinations downtown, or can ride the bus to METRO

Oh, and i thought that Pasadena was supposed to be in the coastal prairies and bay subsection, i know

its mostly all Pearland but , i know for sure that the the second largest city in the Houston Area isn't a Houston

Neighborhood.

Ride on a Metro Bus from Townsquare Mall into H Town how cool is that, it will be on Harris street as it once was back in the early 70's when we had a line that took you downtown to the Greyhound terminals. I think I like the idea, after driving out to 290 last month to the the appraisal district offices I'll plan a metro trip for next year's fight, those freeways scare me to death. Not really but the Bumps on hwy 610 loop made my old 81 F-250 feel every one of those Painful Bumps, my fingers were glued to the steering wheel for that trip.

• 4 weeks later...

From the Citizen:

Local park and ride gets a boost

By MARK FLEMING

Updated: 02.26.09

Harris County commissioners on Tuesday morning approved their part of an agreement between the county, the city of Pasadena and the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County to begin Park & Ride service between Pasadena Town Square Mall and downtown Houston.

• The title was changed to Pasadena To Get Park & Ride

Archived