Buckhead- Atlanta

If I'm not mistaken..aren't those two towers in the last few pics part of Sandy Springs, and NOT Buckhead?

So what?  He's introduced some good topics - about architecture and development.

The two towers with the funny tops are a bit north of Buckhead, closer to Perimeter Mall, which is kind of like our Woodlands.

Does anyone here have pictures of the inside and/or outside of Perimeter Mall? I'm curious as to what a posh mall in Atlanta looks like.

Yo, does anyone here think the "King" and "Queen" towers in that middle picture look strikingly similar to the towers in our Medical Center? I wonder if the designs were purposely similar?

Guest danax

Well at least our posh area isn't named Buckhead :) . They'd really think we were a bunch on cow pokes with a name like that.

Well at least our posh area isn't named Buckhead :) . They'd really think we were a bunch on cow pokes with a name like that.

I like that name.

_ And for you how think that I did not know those two towers wern't in Buckhead, I did I just posted them because they were near by. Just like I consider Greenway Plaza near the Galleria Uptown Area.

Buckhead is not even as impressive as Uptown Dallas or OKC for Pete's sakes!

Borrrring.... is correct!

I'm in Buckhead frequently. Geographically, it's a large part of town which includes the most affluent neighborhoods of the Atlanta area, one of the busiest restaurants scenes in the area, a cluster of shopping centers and malls with almost every possible retail venue (along with train access), one of the busiest nightclub scene, dozens of highrise residential and office towers, and several under construction. Buckhead is far from boring.

As I understand it, Buckhead has a large enough population that many people who live there never venture into other parts of Atlanta. I used to see "Buckhead" magazine in Superstand. I don't know many other cities that have magazines just for certain neighborhoods.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest buildings that are being added to the buckhead skyline have gotten me jealous. IMO, with the exception of Enron II, none of Houston's recent buildings built, going up, or proposed, can even touch these new buildings in Buckhead. All of the excuses that are given for the bland, uninspiring architectural choices for Houston as of late hold no water for me. What is going on in Atlanta that inspires such gems?

image_1549646.jpg

image_1527710.jpg

I'm in Buckhead frequently.  Geographically, it's a large part of town which includes the most affluent neighborhoods of the Atlanta area, one of the busiest restaurants scenes in the area, a cluster of shopping centers and malls with almost every possible retail venue (along with train access), one of the busiest nightclub scene, dozens of highrise residential and office towers, and several under construction.  Buckhead is far from boring.

Agreed it is very far from boring I enjoyed though Im not packing my bags to move to Atlanta it is a nice area. An the train access is nice I rode the Marta Train from Perimeter to BuckHead/Lenox Square was nice not to have to drive an surprisingly a clean public train.

• 8 years later...

Just looking around on the Web, it looks like greater uptown has 24,000 units in multifamily residential, mostly in low-rise complexes, where Buckhead (a smaller area) has nearly 13,000 units in midrise to highrise buildings alone.

As far as office, the ABCs are roughly 15/5/2 for Buckhead and say 15/9/2 for Uptown (in million (square) feet)

We may have to break the tie with mini-storage units.

Archived