Toys "R" Us At 9730 Katy Fwy.

MadMax

I grew up on the west side, and that Toys 'R' Us location has been around for as long as I can remember. It's been closed up since Ike. Any idea what's happening with it?

The rumors are that when Toys 'R' us moves to the HEB shopping center @ Bunkerhill @ I-10 and then Specs will take that area over and build a big Specs.

Toys R Us is going to move by HEB (as posted on another link)

A new Spec's is moving into front of the Home Depot. The old Spec's renewed the lease for another year. I was in there today and asked. it seems that Spec's wants to have a store on both sides of I-10.

Toys R Us is going to move by HEB (as posted on another link)

A new Spec's is moving into front of the Home Depot. The old Spec's renewed the lease for another year. I was in there today and asked. it seems that Spec's wants to have a store on both sides of I-10.

So there are going to be three Specs all within about 4 or so exits off I-10?

Thanks for the information! My kids will be glad to know Toys 'R' Us isn't gone forever from our side of town.

You forget about the Specs right on the Beltway Feeder at Kimberly. And there's one down at Dairy Ashford as well. Seems like they are popping up like gas stations

• 3 years later...

That old Toys R Us building still hasn't changed. I wish something was done with the building because all it adds to the area is an eyesore.

I grew up on the west side, and that Toys 'R' Us location has been around for as long as I can remember. It's been closed up since Ike. Any idea what's happening with it?

• The title was changed to Toys "R" Us
  • The title was changed to Toys "R" Us At 9730 Katy Fwy.

Archived