Office Building At 2506 La Branch St.

brian0123

I drove by 2518 La Branch (see Streetview) today during lunch, and there was an entire crew outside with power saws and hard hats. The past couple of days on my way home for lunch, I've noticed trucks at the place... so I'm hoping they are going to rehab it.

Anyways... does anyone know the history behind this house (and the creepy one next to it)? There is an old metal sign out front that I assume used to advertise whatever store it used to be. I've always been curious about these two properties but could never find any info on them. Thanks!

I drove by 2518 La Branch (see Streetview) today during lunch, and there was an entire crew outside with power saws and hard hats. The past couple of days on my way home for lunch, I've noticed trucks at the place... so I'm hoping they are going to rehab it.

Anyways... does anyone know the history behind this house (and the creepy one next to it)? There is an old metal sign out front that I assume used to advertise whatever store it used to be. I've always been curious about these two properties but could never find any info on them. Thanks!

It was up for sale a while ago. I think they were asking $240k for it.

Power saws and hard hats sound more like tools you use to cut out the load bearing studs.

I believe you are referring to 2506 La Branch and not 2518 La Branch. Sidenote: "2506" is somewhat discernable on the sign. There are intentions to continue renovating the property.

The workers seen outside the house the other day were likely working on the property next door. (Which seems to have been built arount 1915 and was occupied by a Mr. Isaac G Gerson, a traveling salesman with a large German immigrant family.

I believe you are referring to 2506 La Branch and not 2518 La Branch. Sidenote: "2506" is somewhat discernable on the sign. There are intentions to continue renovating the property.

The workers seen outside the house the other day were likely working on the property next door. (Which seems to have been built arount 1915 and was occupied by a Mr. Isaac G Gerson, a traveling salesman with a large German immigrant family.

Welcome to HAIF, dogbowl, and thanks for your informative post.

Did you research the property, or were you already aware of its history?

Welcome to HAIF, dogbowl, and thanks for your informative post.

Did you research the property, or were you already aware of its history?

I know a little bit about the property. I did an internet seach on the address and "Houston Architecture Forum" became evident. I figured I'd make a comment.

I know a little bit about the property. I did an internet seach on the address and "Houston Architecture Forum" became evident. I figured I'd make a comment.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I noticed that they are working on the property next door. I've always found the two properties interesting because they just look creepy. :rolleyes: So what's the story behind all of the junk and personal property laying around (i.e. the clunker cars)? Do you know what they plan to do with this building?

• The title was changed to 2518 La Branch St.
  • The title was changed to Office Building At 2506 La Branch St.