I Just Saw Idiocracy

LTAWACS

I just saw this move with one of my girlfriends... all I can say is wow. Today I look around and I see the seedlings of our stupidity being planted right before our eye. Wow. And is it any wonder that most of the (negative) overtones were the cause of the poor people's (minorities) plight in the first place? I mean come on... I've always said that one cannot go around doing whatever he/she wants because whatever it is, it will rarely benefit the good of the society. I realize this is a comedy but I think some of the items touched therein have some sort of truth in today's world.

Given that one can do whatever he/she wants... things will 99.99997% always turn out for the worst. This is because...

The individual's goals are different than society's.

Discuss>>>>>

Having not seen the film, I can't really make heads or tails of your post. Could you provide some examples that would help the rest of us?

It's a Mike Judge film about the future where corporations control government and the citizens become so dummed-down that they rely on government to do everything for them.

It's very similar to C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons", if you've ever read that. The idea in that story was that smart people limited their own reproduction, while stupid people did not, leading to a world in which a tiny minority of smart people controlled a horde of stupid people. Wackiness ensues.

I only drink BRAWNDO now, the "Thirst Mutilator!"

It's got what you need: electrolytes! :lol:

EDIT: God, I could talk about this movie all day. Terry Crews is freakin' hilarious as President Camacho and I love what Starbucks sells 500 years from now! :lol:

I watched it yesterday - funny but a scary glimpse in to "irresponsible reproduction" :D

Costco and Carl's Jr. were still around though!

"Welcome to Carl's Jr. Would you like to try our extra big ass taco? Now with more molecules!"

IDIOCRACY is one of those cult movies that really found its audience after it hit DVD - Fox had no faith in it and decided to cut their losses, dumping it in a handful of theaters with no marketing campaign whatsoever. I think it played in one AMC megaplex here for a week, and if I hadn't been aware of it beforehand, I'd have had no idea that it was here or what it was about.

I just saw this move with one of my girlfriends... all I can say is wow. Today I look around and I see the seedlings of our stupidity being planted right before our eye. Wow. And is it any wonder that most of the (negative) overtones were the cause of the poor people's (minorities) plight in the first place? I mean come on... I've always said that one cannot go around doing whatever he/she wants because whatever it is, it will rarely benefit the good of the society. I realize this is a comedy but I think some of the items touched therein have some sort of truth in today's world.

Given that one can do whatever he/she wants... things will 99.99997% always turn out for the worst. This is because...

The individual's goals are different than society's. It should of been more widely distributed.

Discuss>>>>>

I have Idiocracy on DVD and it is a great movie. In many ways, it is watching a documentary.

Archived