Anybody else hear that tonight?

cottonmather0

Sitting in my recliner tonight, Saturday 11/22, around 11:00. The Tech/OU game just finished on the television. I start hearing banging noises outside. First I think it's the dog in the trash again, then I think someone has broken into my garage. It doesn't stop and I realize it sounds more like fireworks on the 4th of July. Mrs Cottonmather gets out of bed and comes into the room to see what's going on. We go out into the front yard and it sounds like small explosions randomly coming out of the southwest, like in the direction of the Galleria (We live in Timbergrove ~ 18th @ TC Jester).

This goes on for about 10 minutes and then ends with one really loud long rumble, then it's over. I check the Chron, I flip through all the local channels, look on the Ch 13 news which is on late after the football game. Nothing in the news and no sirens or obvious sounds of emergency coming from outside. Weird. I can't imagine there would be a fireworks show going on right now, on this date and this late at night. Maybe a substation blew up? We thought maybe an industrial facility closer to the Loop was exploding. Weird.

Anybody else hear it too? Any ideas?

Well, if you were up here in Austin, I would tell you about the Saturday night fireworks display going on until Christmas, but you ain't up here. I would guess something over at Delmar Stadium, perhaps the winning Playoff football team sprang for a show after their win ?

Sitting in my recliner tonight, Saturday 11/22, around 11:00. The Tech/OU game just finished on the television. I start hearing banging noises outside. First I think it's the dog in the trash again, then I think someone has broken into my garage. It doesn't stop and I realize it sounds more like fireworks on the 4th of July. Mrs Cottonmather gets out of bed and comes into the room to see what's going on. We go out into the front yard and it sounds like small explosions randomly coming out of the southwest, like in the direction of the Galleria (We live in Timbergrove ~ 18th @ TC Jester).

This goes on for about 10 minutes and then ends with one really loud long rumble, then it's over. I check the Chron, I flip through all the local channels, look on the Ch 13 news which is on late after the football game. Nothing in the news and no sirens or obvious sounds of emergency coming from outside. Weird. I can't imagine there would be a fireworks show going on right now, on this date and this late at night. Maybe a substation blew up? We thought maybe an industrial facility closer to the Loop was exploding. Weird.

Anybody else hear it too? Any ideas?

Perhaps your Texas Tech alum neighbor was beating his head against the wall?

I live near Memorial and Gessner and I heard it. Saw some flashes in the sky too. It was loud enough to hear over the TV. It sounded a lot like the end of a big fireworks display.

That's what I thought when I figured out it wasn't coming from my backyard - that it sounded like fireworks.... but at 11:00pm on November 22?

From my vantage point near Chimney Rock and Woodway, looks like they were coming from the Houston Country Club off of Woodway.

Hmmm. I'm betting it was an Illuminati or Bohemian or Bilderberger celebration of the anniversary of their successful assassination of JFK.

From my vantage point near Chimney Rock and Woodway, looks like they were coming from the Houston Country Club off of Woodway.

I thought that there was a city ordinance that fireworks shows required a permit and had to begin before 10:00 pm. I wonder if someone got busted.

Archived