Election Night 2008

editor

As of right now, the vote is huge with 2% left to count. The lead will only get bigger.

Obama - 64,266,574

McCain - 56,649,164

GWB defeated Kerry by a little over 3 million votes.

And I believe the GOP and just about every Republican pundit immediately called it a mandate.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm actually surprised that it didn't go to Obama. Fort Bend has become a very ethnically diverse county.

Care to guess what else Fort Bend County is known for now? Fort Bend County tops foreclosure lists in the State. Curious if the is any correlation in this sudden growth in FBC. Just asking?

Care to guess what else Fort Bend County is known for now? Fort Bend County tops foreclosure lists in the State. Curious if the is any correlation in this sudden growth in FBC. Just asking?

Fort Bend has Missouri City to thank for that honor. But I don't think we should venture any more into this tangent.

We have a winner!

It's all just part of the process of Obama paying back favors to people who helped him get where he is today. Not that it's any different than any other administration before him.

The more I read about this Emmanuel guy the more I find him absolutely reprehensible. No wonder the Republicans don't have any problem with the appointment.

And who knows what Obama will be up next time around

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she wouldn't hesitate to run for the presidency in four years if it's God's will, even though she never thought Campaign 2008 would be "as brutal a ride as it turned out to be."

[...]

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday. "And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081111/ap_on_re_us/palin

yar

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday. "And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door."

Ugh. I despise that woman!

She's like, incompetent.

Ugh. I despise that woman!

She's like, incompetent.

Oh your just like those "stinkers" in the main stream media. You betcha, doggone it. Anyhow, I can't believe there are so many Republicans that think she is the GOP's saviour. Can you say self-destruct.

According to a KTRK (13) report, incumbant sheriff Tommy Thomas hasn't yet offered the traditional congratulatory phone call to Adrian Garcia, who defeated him last Tuesday. Further, he has been dodging Garcia's efforts to meet with him to discuss the transition.

As a sore loser, Tommy Thomas apparently doesn't care if our safety or the integrity of the justice system is imperiled. What a jerk. We did the right thing by voting him out.

According to a KTRK (13) report, incumbant sheriff Tommy Thomas hasn't yet offered the traditional congratulatory phone call to Adrian Garcia, who defeated him last Tuesday. Further, he has been dodging Garcia's efforts to meet with him to discuss the transition.

But isn't that the norm for losing incumbents in a non-term limit position race?

As a sore loser, Tommy Thomas apparently doesn't care if our safety or the integrity of the justice system is imperiled. What a jerk. We did the right thing by voting him out.

I agree even though I don't live in Harris County, I still have to work and drive through there.

But isn't that the norm for losing incumbents in a non-term limit position race?

Quite the opposite. The norm is to hold a victory party with one's supporters, while watching the election returns. When it becomes apparent that a winner can be declared, it's traditional for the loser to place a phone call to the winner, congratulating him (through clenched teeth, sometimes) on his victory and on running an honorable campaign. To not make that phone call is considered extremely poor sportsmanship.

I agree even though I don't live in Harris County, I still have to work and drive through there.

See George W Bush for an example of how to do it gracefully. I know you said non-term limited, but it is all the same. And, yes, I just complimented George W Bush. I was very impressed with his actions this time, and do not mind giving him kudos for it.

The good people of Alaska gave the lower 48 an early Christmas present by barely kicking Ted Stevens out of Congress, sparing us the potential spectacle of a Senator Palin.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6119791.html

Then again, with Bush retiring and Obama insisting on speaking in complete sentences, maybe a Senator Palin would have been a lot of fun.

Are they going make precinct level totals available this year (i.e. precinct 100 voted 82 for obama and 83 for mc cain etc)?

I can't find them online

I remember them usually being in chronicle maybe a week after previous elections.

Archived