CVS Pharmacy At 1003 Richmond Ave.

Houston Retail

I wonder why they build one way in Houston and another way in other cities.  The only urban CVS in Houston is in downtown.  We should not blame CVS, but the local politicians.  It's quite sad actually that the urban planners of this city salute sprawl.

I sometimes think in Houston there's kind of a tradition of lack of public involvement in design decisions, although I have no idea why that is. Why don't groups like the Midtown Management Assoc. engage with CVS to come up with more urban designs? Does CVS require a legal framework such as design standards or zoning to make changes to their standard suburban format?

It's not the cities fault. The residences just need to engage the developers. Midtown Managemetn Association is more people would hold them accountable and go to meetings and support the organization.

How do you think the Heights gets a lot of things the way they want.?

Well I think in theory the city could be involved as well. Whether by the city or residents, in general there is a lack of engagement with developers, so look at what we get. In some cities neighborhood associations or local governments are EXTREMELY involved in design reviews for neighborhoods. As kjb points, out, look at the Heights. It is do-able here.

The CVS at Washington and TC Jester is in the same layou as the Montrose one. In this case, CVS planted a bunch of trees along the street since they didn't exist before and the city requires it.

In about 15 years the CVS at Washington will be similar to the CVS at montrose with the trees next to it. Of course the trees along Montrose are much older.

Some people are just too busy sitting in traffic to do little else.

when i first heard of this project last year i thought it was a bad idea in respect for the pedestrian aspect of montrose (and it's "garden district" atmosphere) would be dimenished by an apron laid parking lot. But this has not been the case, babolino's relocated to a better spot off westheimer, the parking lot has allowed for more visual clearance at the intersection, & as mentioned b4 has improved the pedestian traffic w/r/t nearby residents.

• The title was changed to New CVS Coming To Montrose
  • The title was changed to CVS Pharmacy At 1003 Richmond Ave.

Archived