Prince's Hamburgers On Shepherd Dr.

I thought I remembered some discussion here in the not-too-distant past about a new Prince's Hamburgers location to be constructed on Shepherd near I-10. Found a mention of it using the search function, but there wasn't any more information than that, and there's no mention of it on Prince's website.

Anyone know what happened with this? Was it just a rumor, or did plans change? The location on I-10 moved closer to the Beltway, I'm guessing as a result of the effects of the perpetual I-10 construction, specifically the reconfiguration of the entrance/exit ramps that used to be nearby.

We were running errands and wound up near I-10 and Shepherd on Saturday, and I was thinking I'd really like to have an Old Timer, but as there was no Prince's to be had anywhere nearby, we wound up going to Pizzitola's for BBQ instead.

Hopefully this one will try to be more to the "original" core of the old ones. By that I mean try to stick to the good old fashioned flavor and tastes they were famous for. The one on 59 near Lakewood Church is about as bland and dull as can be. The cooks seem to rush and slap it all together just to get you our of line. The hamburgers have no distinct taste. The only one item that is closest to the good old flavor are the onion rings and tartar sauce.

Getting hungry thinking about it now. :P

• The title was changed to Prince's Hamburgers On Shepherd Dr. ?
  • The title was changed to Prince's Hamburgers On Shepherd Dr.

Archived