Doug Prince Home At 7506 South Main St.

Highrise Tower

Found Doug Prince (of Prince's Hamburgers) residence! It was listed in an old newspaper about him and his hamburger empire. The newspaper article is dated August 15, 1947.

Hamburger King Doug Prince Still Has Big Ideas

That man who has been mistaken many times in Hollywood for Paul Whiteman, the king of jazz, is recognized in Houston as the king of another line of business- hamburger stands.

He is Doug Prince, who as a book salesman in Dallas in the 1920's had no idea that he and his hamburgers would become internationally famous before the middle of the century. Mr. Prince and his wife reside at 7506 Main.

George Douglas Prince was born in Waxahachie 41 years ago and attended high school in Dallas. After graduation he sold school books until he was 20, when he opened Prince's Hamburger Stand on Lemmon Avenue- The opening wedge of his successful career.

“One year I was driving from Dallas to Galveston and drove down Main Street in Houston. That's when I decided to move my operations- Houston. I thought, had possibilities, and I wanted to be here.”

A short time after his Galveston trip, Mr. Prince bought what was then Weber's Root Beer Stand at 4509 Main, near Sears, and--

Mr. and Mrs. Doug Prince Aboard the Northwind.

xajHrfa.png

Google Earth aerial from 1944:

His home was apart of a residential community near the South Main & OST Y-split

w10cdDK.jpg

2qyxoT3.jpg