Men accused of plotting to kill Obama released

PuroAztlan

http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/assisin...a.2.802827.html

DENVER (CBS4) CBS4 has now learned at least four people are under arrest in connection with a possible plot to kill Barack Obama at his Thursday night acceptance speech in Denver. All are being held on either drug or weapons charges.

CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass reported one of the suspects told authorities they were "going to shoot Obama from a high vantage point using a...rifle...sighted at 750 yards." Law enforcement sources tell Maass that one of the suspects "was directly asked if they had come to Denver to kill Obama. He responded in the affirmative."

The story began emerging Sunday morning when Aurora police arrested 28-year-old Tharin Gartrell. He was driving a rented pickup truck in an erratic manner according to sources. Sources told CBS4 police found two high-powered, scoped rifles in the car along with camouflage clothing, walkie-talkies, a bulletproof vest, a spotting scope, licenses in the names of other people and methamphetamine. One of the rifles is listed as stolen from Kansas.

Subsequently authorities went to the Cherry Creek Hotel to contact an associate of Gartrell's. But that man, who was wanted on numerous warrants, jumped out of a sixth floor hotel window. Law enforcement sources say the man broke an ankle in the fall and was captured moments later. Sources say he was wearing a ring with a swastika, and is thought to have ties to white supremacist organizations.

A third man -- an associate of Gartrell and the hotel jumper was also arrested. He told authorities that the two men "planned to kill Barack Obama at his acceptance speech." That man, along with a woman, are also under arrest.

The Secret Service, FBI, ATF and the joint terrorism task force are all investigating the alleged plot. The U.S. Attorney in Denver has scheduled a news conference for Tuesday afternoon.

I guess it was just a matter of time, so sad.

What's to say that wouldn't be a plattitude?

Did I end the sentence with a period or a question mark?

DEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!

And it's platitude. If you're gonna use big words to looke smart, yew should probably spelll tham rite.

Did I end the sentence with a period or a question mark?

DEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!

O...K... :huh:

It seemed like you were surprised that nobody had responded. What I meant to communicate was that it isn't that people aren't reading your post or that they don't care about the circumstances, just that bothering to type out anything seems like a waste of time; their take would be a platitude.

It's not that nobody cares, it's basically another sensitive topic that nobody cares to admit is existence along with America's Denial that Racism still exists.... I highly doubt that this is the first or final attempt..Can you imagine the chance of there being a "Black (Male) President" without resistance?

It's not that nobody cares, it's basically another sensitive topic that nobody cares to admit is existence along with America's Denial that Racism still exists.... I highly doubt that this is the first or final attempt..Can you imagine the chance of there being a "Black (Male) President" without resistance?

I take issue with that statement.

My lack of a response was out of the "I don't care" category because, by the time this topic was posted; it all seemed like it wasn't a big deal anymore.

Particularly in light it was not only a "hate group", but a bunch of misplaced hillbillies you thought they could actually get close enough to take a shot.

perhaps after all the politically correct kill Bush jokes and Bush is hitler comments and kill Bush video games some people actually don't care about this

just because obama is black and just because he is running for office does not make his life worth any more than the countless, nameless, people that are murdered in "nonracial" killings daily in Houston and any other city

obama is not the first presidential candidate to be targeted and surely will not be the last......and the fact that he is black and some desired to kill him because of that means nothing more to me than the fact that some blacks (in a much higher %) kill whites over stupid stuff like 23 dollars, or a purse with no money, or anything else (and of course that was never racial)......much less when they kill other blacks over the color clothing they wear or the corner they desire to deal from

just some fools that got caught being stupid.....happens daily in America......the only real difference here is that the perps were white and the potential victim was black and well known and it can be painted as "racial" as if that really makes a difference to the other people killed daily in the USA

I also take issue with this statement. While I will be the first to admit that the reason that John McCain, a candidate that not even his own party particularly cares for, is close in the polls is likely due to (some) American's discomfort with the thought of a Black president, VERY few people wish him harm. The news was shocking, but not surprising. However, like virtually all of the supposed terror plots since 2001, the actors were clearly idiots, with no realistic plan for actually carrying it out. Additionally, they were arrested before they even got started. The plot was thankfully, a non-event.

Off topic, but relevant, I hope that Obama supporters keep their eye on the prize. Hillary Clinton lost the primary due to an incredibly ineptly run campaign, yet a small group of supporters continue to focus on the wrong message, sounding like bitter victims rather than Clinton's message that women can do anything a man can do. Likewise, John McCain is hiding behind his POW status as a shield against his embarrassingly insufficient plans as president. His foreign policy and economic plans, incredible as it may seem, are actually WORSE than George Bush's miserable failures. Barack Obama did NOT become the Democratic nominee by claiming that Blacks are not treated fairly, and he will not win the election by doing so. He won the primary by claiming to be the best candidate with the best plans, and he will win the election by continuing to do so. Obama's supporters should follow his lead in telling the voters why he IS the best candidate for the job, not why it is owed to him.

EDIT: My views should not be confused with those of the poster directly above mine.

For the record, I am supporting Barack Obama for president, not because he is Black, but because he is the most qualified.

Edited by RedScare

I also take issue with this statement. While I will be the first to admit that the reason that John McCain, a candidate that not even his own party particularly cares for, is close in the polls is likely due to (some) American's discomfort with the thought of a Black president, VERY few people wish him harm. The news was shocking, but not surprising. However, like virtually all of the supposed terror plots since 2001, the actors were clearly idiots, with no realistic plan for actually carrying it out. Additionally, they were arrested before they even got started. The plot was thankfully, a non-event.

Off topic, but relevant, I hope that Obama supporters keep their eye on the prize. Hillary Clinton lost the primary due to an incredibly ineptly run campaign, yet a small group of supporters continue to focus on the wrong message, sounding like bitter victims rather than Clinton's message that women can do anything a man can do. Likewise, John McCain is hiding behind his POW status as a shield against his embarrassingly insufficient plans as president. His foreign policy and economic plans, incredible as it may seem, are actually WORSE than George Bush's miserable failures. Barack Obama did NOT become the Democratic nominee by claiming that Blacks are not treated fairly, and he will not win the election by doing so. He won the primary by claiming to be the best candidate with the best plans, and he will win the election by continuing to do so. Obama's supporters should follow his lead in telling the voters why he IS the best candidate for the job, not why it is owed to him.

EDIT: My views should not be confused with those of the poster directly above mine.

For the record, I am supporting Barack Obama for president, not because he is Black, but because he is the most qualified.

fortunately now that the time has come to actually state what those plans are and how they will be carried out we find out that he is just another stuffed shirt with a teleprompter and a bunch of old, white, lifelong, political hacks pulling his puppet strings

what a better way to bring "change" than to bring in biden and the kennedys.......they have change written all over them

for the record I will vote for the less of two evils John McCain although I might vote for Ron Paul just to show dissatisfaction with the current lack of choice and because I know McCain will not need my single vote to carry Texas and it would be a great laugh to see McCain win the electorial college and lose the popular vote though I doubt that will happen

perhaps after all the politically correct kill Bush jokes and Bush is hitler comments and kill Bush video games some people actually don't care about this

Bush is Hitler doesn't fit with the other two, but what jokes and games are you talking about? Are you just trolling again?

Bush is Hitler doesn't fit with the other two, but what jokes and games are you talking about? Are you just trolling again?

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/09/18/bush.game/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_William..._George_W._Bush

Williams told school children

"Right now, I would love to kill George (W.) Bush",

keynote speech at the International Women's Peace Conference

"Right now, I could kill George (W.) Bush,"

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMal...kill_bush_mania

Cindy Sheehan confesses on page 29 that she has imagined going back in time and killing the infant George W. Bush in order to prevent the Iraq War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a_President

"Death of a President," a British mockudrama, is set in the fall of 2007 and looks back at the impact on America after President Bush is assassinated as he leaves the Sheraton Hotel in Chicago.

but I am sure all of the above were just harmless jokes to you and I am "trolling".......troll

Obama's supporters should follow his lead in telling the voters why he IS the best candidate for the job, not why it is owed to him.

You've emphasized the wrong word. Don't tell voters that he is. Tell them why.

Tell me why! Looking at his biographical profile, I just can't figure out what would make him presidential material. Partisanship aside, I can make the argument for Biden and for McCain. H. Clinton is only riding her husband's coat tails, but even she outshines Obama on this.

Edited by TheNiche

For the record, if you think that someone with 143 actual working days of experience in the Senate is grounds for being the best candidate to lead America, then by God, you should be his freakin' Attorney Genral. C'mon Red, you have more experience in Govt. than Obama does, for cryin' out loud !

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-New...%2BPlot%2527%2B

false alarm

Police in the US say there is "insufficient evidence" to charge three men who were allegedly planning to assassinate Barack Obama.

Umm.....thanks TV, this was already covered in post #9 bro.

BTW, you forgot to mention that your Aryan brother, that jumped out of a six story window, was wearing a beautiful ring with a nice big SWASTIKA on it. Those crazy skinheads !

Exactly. This is all a HUGE case of "let's sweep this under the rug."

No evidence? I don't know, two high-powered, scoped rifles in the car along with camouflage clothing, walkie-talkies, a bulletproof vest, a spotting scope, licenses in the names of other people and methamphetamine plus the guy admitting they came to Denver to kill Obama doesn't sound like "no evidence" to me. ( meth heads :lol: )

Can you imagine the field day Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Fox News would have if this were four MEXICAN ILLEGALS who were arrested with sniper rifles and meth in an attempt to kill John McCain? The story would run for weeks. Or even four black guys trying to kill McCain.

But since it was four neo-nazi, white supremecists trying to kill a black guy, "Welp, false alarm, no evidence, it never happened, just a few dumb guys bein dumb, lets not talk about it."

Cindy Sheehan confesses on page 29 that she has imagined going back in time and killing the infant George W. Bush in order to prevent the Iraq War

Yea, because a grieving mother imagining she "went back in time" and killed bush to prevent the war her son was killed in is the EXACT SAME THING as four white supremecists driving to Denver with high power scoped rifles, bulletproof vests and methamphetamine with the intent to actually kill a black guy because he's running for president.

DEEEHHHHHHHH!!! :rolleyes:

Topic title changed to reflect the fact that the guys arrested weren't plotting to kill Obama, they were just hopped up on meth when one of them blurted that out.

And seriously, the list of armaments they had with them isn't very uncommon in Aurora, Colorado; or even in parts of Harris County, Texas.

Exactly. This is all a HUGE case of "let's sweep this under the rug."

No evidence? I don't know, two high-powered, scoped rifles in the car along with camouflage clothing, walkie-talkies, a bulletproof vest, a spotting scope, licenses in the names of other people and methamphetamine plus the guy admitting they came to Denver to kill Obama doesn't sound like "no evidence" to me. ( meth heads :lol: )

As opposed to a low-powered rifle? What defines a "high-powered" rifle anyway?

Can you imagine the field day Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Fox News would have if this were four MEXICAN ILLEGALS who were arrested with sniper rifles and meth in an attempt to kill John McCain? The story would run for weeks. Or even four black guys trying to kill McCain.

But since it was four neo-nazi, white supremecists trying to kill a black guy, "Welp, false alarm, no evidence, it never happened, just a few dumb guys bein dumb, lets not talk about it."

Sounds good to me.

Yea, because a grieving mother imagining she "went back in time" and killed bush to prevent the war her son was killed in is the EXACT SAME THING as four white supremecists driving to Denver with high power scoped rifles, bulletproof vests and methamphetamine with the intent to actually kill a black guy because he's running for president.

DEEEHHHHHHHH!!! :rolleyes:

The government must be under the control of Skynet.