Holocaust Museum Houston At 5401 Caroline St.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 8:46 AM, Houston19514 said:

I haven't found anything about a "Grand Opening, but according to their website, the new museum opens June 22.

Drove by on my bike yesterday, and stopped to look around and was approached by a crew member to make sure I wasnt just hanging around, lol. Asked him how they were doing, he said they are racing for the June 22nd opening to not only be on time, but they seem to be having some kind of soft opening event the Sunday before, so the 16th. Once they finish, he mentioned that some of the crew are staying in the area, so I assume he meant going to work on the Art Museum expansion (same construction company). 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like they were putting the finishing touches on stuff today. The parking lot has the lines drawn already and they were going around removing some of the construction equipment.

Some of the workers were putting up the open hours signage at the front door. Looks like they are going to be ready to be open starting Saturday morning. I had my doubts about the look of the museum, but it really came together very nicely. The slope is quite dramatic in person, and the outdoor seating area looks great.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Holocaust Museum Houston
  • The title was changed to Holocaust Museum Houston At 5401 Caroline St.