Reliv

lockmat

Has anyone heard of or tried Reliv?

A lady I know told me about it the other day. It's a supplement you take normally twice a day (8 oz each) or more if you have cancer or a major illness. It supposidly has all the nutrients our body needs but doesn't get, and that's why it works. She said it's the only nutritional supplement that is patented.

Anyway, she heard about it through a friend who had cancer. Her friend takes it and is now free of cancer.

This lady I know had cancer, early stages of Parkisons (sp?) and cirrhoses of the liver (only b/c of all the meds she has taken her whole life) and she had other serious problems as well. I hadn't seen her for months until the other day. She is now illness free. She has nothing wrong with her, and it all went away ever since she started taking Reliv.

She also told me about a woman she knows whose son is autistic. Since taking it, her son can now put a sentence together and looks his mom in the eye, which he never did before.

What do yall think?

I'm gonna buy some tonight. One can is $30 and lasts a month.

Has anyone heard of or tried Reliv?

What do yall think?

I'm gonna buy some tonight. One can is $30 and lasts a month.

I think you've got to be seriously kidding. You are, right??

A $30 vitamin that cures cancer, liver disease, parkinson's and autism? Will it make me lose 20 pounds while eating nothing but donuts, too?

I think you've got to be seriously kidding. You are, right??

A $30 vitamin that cures cancer, liver disease, parkinson's and autism? Will it make me lose 20 pounds while eating nothing but donuts, too?

I didn't say it cured it. That was simply my subheading. But the stories I told are true. I know this lady. She's not a liar.

Maybe finnagle around the MD Anderson Cancer Center website or Cancer related sites?

I would before shelling out $30 bucks. Just a thought. For now avoid the searing sun though. :o

One, doctors don't believe in anything but chemicals or surgery, so I don't really think most of them are gonna be straight about it.

And $30 bucks just one time is not that bad. The lady I know said people see results as early as two days or two weeks, depending on their problems. The main thing I'd want it for are these weird headaches no doctor is able to understand.

But don't worry, I'm gonna keep doing my research. I am very skeptical too, but I trust the lady and her and saw first hand results myself, so I think it's at least worth a try. I probably won't ever sell it, but taking it is a much smaller risk; it's nutrients.

I would before shelling out $30 bucks. Just a thought. For now avoid the searing sun though. :o

And yes, I know the sun is much worse for us than we realize. Even though I'm dark complected I try to protect myself. Plus, 91.7fm reminds me all the time that the sun can be dangerous, lol.

One, doctors don't believe in anything but chemicals or surgery...

... but taking it is a much smaller risk; it's nutrients.

And nutrients are chemicals. Reliv has been warned twice by the FDA about their claims.

I didn't say it cured it. That was simply my subheading. But the stories I told are true. I know this lady. She's not a liar.

You're approaching this as a possibly beneficial supplement to take, and that's fine. I don't mean to question your judgment, but just understand that you are getting solicited into a pyramid scheme. This is how they operate, right down to the trustworthy acquaintance who's 'seen the results'. Caveat Emptor.

And nutrients are chemicals. Reliv has been warned twice by the FDA about their claims.

You're right, I did see one in a pdf when I googled it. But I think it said b/c it's not 'proven.'

If they can't prove it but it still works, I'm okay with that. Just b/c they can't prove their claim clinically, doesn't mean it can't work, right?

You're approaching this as a possibly beneficial supplement to take, and that's fine. I don't mean to question your judgment, but just understand that you are getting solicited into a pyramid scheme. This is how they operate, right down to the trustworthy acquaintance who's 'seen the results'. Caveat Emptor.

The selling side of it may be a pyramid scheme, and maybe by association I should I question the product. But I'm not even considering selling it and she's not trying to get me to. In fact she didn't push for me to buy it, although that's probably natural if it's something that's worked for her and she really believes in it. I push things that I really believe in, even if it's just advice, as we all I do I think.

I'm basically going off the testimony of this friend who has seen personal results, I have seen the results and she's personally seen results for friends. We all have people we trust, right? I trust her. If it doesn't help, it's $30 bucks.

Indeed...

I asked someone I know at MD Anderson, and she wasn't familiar with it. She did say this department would be the place to contact about it:

http://www.mdanderson.org/departments/cimer/

Thanks for that, I might check into it.

One, doctors don't believe in anything but chemicals or surgery, so I don't really think most of them are gonna be straight about it.

Hate to break it to you, but vitamins and minerals and "herbal supplements" are chemicals. Just because it's "all natural" doesn't mean it's not a chemical. Arsenic is all natural. So is asbestos. Vitamin C is ascorbic acid -- a chemical.

If this thing promises to give you what your diet lacks, why not just eat better? Getting 100% of the RDA isn't as hard as the snake oil salesmen would have you believe.

Hate to break it to you, but vitamins and minerals and "herbal supplements" are chemicals. Just because it's "all natural" doesn't mean it's not a chemical. Arsenic is all natural. So is asbestos. Vitamin C is ascorbic acid -- a chemical.

If this thing promises to give you what your diet lacks, why not just eat better? Getting 100% of the RDA isn't as hard as the snake oil salesmen would have you believe.

Ok, I admit it, I'm a dummy. Maybe I should replace the word chemicals with medicine.

And I don't know the main selling points, so I don't know if it just promises to provide you with what your diet lacks, but I'm almost certain that's part of it.

But take it from your own point of view. Someone you trust, a spouse or best friend has experienced direct results or knows someone who experienced good results, you're gonna believe them, right? Maybe not, I know I doubt my parents or sister sometimes, but you're much more likely to believe them or at least consider it. That's where I'm at right now. And I know yall aren't trying derail me necessarily, but more taking musicmans spot for the moment ( :D ) as devils advocate. I'm down with it. I'm skeptical, but b/c I trust her and see results, I'm willing to part with a few bucks at least once.

You're right, I did see one in a pdf when I googled it. But I think it said b/c it's not 'proven.'

If they can't prove it but it still works, I'm okay with that. Just b/c they can't prove their claim clinically, doesn't mean it can't work, right?

No, but it does mean the company makes claims that violate FDA guidelines, and it that their customers ingested chemicals that weren't listed on the package. I wouldn't do business with them.

Ok, I admit it, I'm a dummy. Maybe I should replace the word chemicals with medicine.

Doesn't help. A lot of medicine is derived from plant or animal sources. The distinction between "nutrient", "chemical" and "medicine" is pretty meaningless when it comes to efficacy or safety.

But take it from your own point of view. Someone you trust, a spouse or best friend has experienced direct results or knows someone who experienced good results, you're gonna believe them, right?

It doesn't matter if I believe them. Anecdotal evidence is still anecdotal, no matter who it comes from.

No, but it does mean the company makes claims that violate FDA guidelines, and it that their customers ingested chemicals that weren't listed on the package. I wouldn't do business with them.

They're still in business. Does that mean they've complied with the FDA? Or is the FDA just really slow at enforcing?

But take it from your own point of view. Someone you trust, a spouse or best friend has experienced direct results or knows someone who experienced good results, you're gonna believe them, right?

Actually, I've been through this a couple of times. Once in high school in the 80's with a friend who was one of the first Jenny Craig followers. More recently with a friend who spends hours cruising the pill aisles at Whole Foods looking for the right combination that will help her live forever. She's one of these people who claims to be a vegetarian until you put a burger in front of her at a picnic and she chows down like the rest of us omnivores.

I tell her -- if all natural foods are better for you, why does Whole Foods have three aisles of nutritional supplements?

Every place I've worked has been some person who insinuated themselves into my life and then tried to get me on the supplement train. The Herbalife and Nu-Skin nuts were the most offensive. This Reliv stuff sounds exactly the same.

Turns out I was too quick on the sarcasm, they DO have diet pills!

Could it have been other changes to her lifestyle or diet? I am reading up now (as you know) on wines (red and whites) and the curative and preventative powers of each.

They are no silver bullets, but apparently a glass or two each day is supposed to really help with a LOT of things including cancers, bad things in your blood, blood pressure, and even cholesterol problems.

I am sure some people think it's whack to drink wine, but who knows ... not everything that is a cure comes from a doctor's prescription.

Honestly though ... I have never heard of that stuff, but will Google it. Another supplement company you might want to check out is Roex. Heard amazingly good things and awful things about them so do your own research.

I backed out in purchasing my first can of Reliv. No doubt it probably helps/works, but the detoxification she told me takes place scared me off for the time being. That and the price. I'm pretty healthy right now so I'm in no rush.

I backed out in purchasing my first can of Reliv. No doubt it probably helps/works, but the detoxification she told me takes place scared me off for the time being. That and the price. I'm pretty healthy right now so I'm in no rush.

I'm curious. Side effects?

Also remember, not everything that is natural is healthy for us. Some of it is pretty toxic.

I'm curious. Side effects?

The pitch was that since we eat stuff w/ a lot of extra crud in them, the first five days is sort of a detoxification phase, so problems you already have may increase for a short time. For instance, if you have acne, it might get bad for a few days, but after that no more problems.

The pitch was that since we eat stuff w/ a lot of extra crud in them, the first five days is sort of a detoxification phase, so problems you already have may increase for a short time. For instance, if you have acne, it might get bad for a few days, but after that no more problems.

Hmmm... I've also heard of things like that and headaches and bad bowels for some of these detox products. I was taking one (over the counter) and it gave me really bad headaches AND raised my blood pressure.