Pictures needed

editor

I need some pictures for HAIF. I'm looking for images I can use as icons for the following forum sections:

• Downtown
  • Midtown
  • Montrose
  • The Heights
  • West Loop/Galleria
  • Museum District
  • East End
  • Medical Center

I know that Downtown and Midtown and some other neighborhoods have special street signs that might work if anyone has any pictures of them. And I guess a Montrose BLVD sign would work for Montrose, and a West Loop sign for that area. Ideally they would be horizontally oriented so that they'd fit into a 150x50 icon.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for images that would be iconic for the other geographic sections, those would be great, too. Just post what you have here and I'll take care of cropping and making the rest happen.

By all means, feel free to use any images that I have uploaded on here or linked to from flikr.

Thanks. Can you suggest some pictures you've taken?

I should be able to take a few Heights photos tomorrow.

That would be great. Isn't there a welcome to the heights sign near Memorial Parkway?

Thanks. Can you suggest some pictures you've taken?

I have some for Downtown, Midtown, Montrose, Museum District (not a whole lot) and Reliant Park, among some other miscellaneous Houston shots.

A few are posted in the Houston Photos and I need to get around to posting some more, but you're more than welcome to take a look at what I've got.

I don't have any pics, but for the east end you might use one of the east end mgmt district signs. If you were to use a picture of a building, maybe the old coffee plant, or Villa De Matel, or maybe the old 1940 air terminal.

I need some pictures for HAIF. I'm looking for images I can use as icons for the following forum sections:

• Downtown
  • Midtown
  • Montrose
  • The Heights
  • West Loop/Galleria
  • Museum District
  • East End
  • Medical Center

I know that Downtown and Midtown and some other neighborhoods have special street signs that might work if anyone has any pictures of them. And I guess a Montrose BLVD sign would work for Montrose, and a West Loop sign for that area. Ideally they would be horizontally oriented so that they'd fit into a 150x50 icon.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for images that would be iconic for the other geographic sections, those would be great, too. Just post what you have here and I'll take care of cropping and making the rest happen.

I think a picture at the corner of W. Alabama and Montrose, of the Phillip Johnson cross with the Link Lee mansion in the background would be a nice shot to represent Montrose.

As far as East End is concerned, you already have several good snaps on this forum of some good icons of EE:

1. OLD - Rufus Cage Elementary on Telephone and Lawndale/Broadmoor street.

2. Lorino's Bar or whatever the name is now at Lawndale and Telephone Rd

3. Old EE Little League address books used to use the Turreted building at beginning of Telephone Road/Ernestine streets as a cover for years (nostalgia even then).

4. Tel-Wink Grill

5. Far East End, maybe Broadway Corridor (streetscape view)

6. Broadway circle at 45

Just suggestions. :)

PS, too bad all the true icons are gone ie; the huge Coca-Cola billboard at 45/Telephone Rd. or Maxwell House Coffee cup pouring hot brew.

I think a picture at the corner of W. Alabama and Montrose, of the Phillip Johnson cross with the Link Lee mansion in the background would be a nice shot to represent Montrose.

That's a little complex for an icon. That's why I was hoping for street signs -- they are easily recognizable.

• Downtown
  • Midtown
  • Montrose
  • The Heights
  • West Loop/Galleria
  • Museum District
  • East End
  • Medical Center

Also, if anyone has any ideas for images that would be iconic for the other geographic sections, those would be great, too. Just post what you have here and I'll take care of cropping and making the rest happen

here some of the really old street signs in avondale

That would be great. Isn't there a welcome to the heights sign near Memorial Parkway?

Sorry - each chance I had to go out it was raining. But it's sunny now, and so I'm going to give it a try. There are welcome signs at the entry of the Houston Heights and Woodland Heights, but they're both neighborhood-specific I think (see below). Still, I'll check them out - don't recall a sign near Memorial, but I'll look. I think I get what you're generally after from the current tags. Something that would look good small, etc.

HoustonHeightsSign.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived