Downtown Lunch Spot

Supposed to meet an old college buddy for lunch in about an hour. Only problem is I have no Idea where to take him. he is at the Hilton America's in town from Austin. I am in Allen Center. He will be cabbing and I will be walking. Any suggestions on where two twenty somethings could grab a cheap bite (<$10 bucks) with some decent atmosphere. Becks Prime would be perfect but it is in the tunnel and I would have no idea how to tell him to get there...so street level is pref.

Quick responses needed...I know you can do it HAIF...

Market Square most definitely.

There's also a Droubi's on Milam.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I pitched Droubi to him but apparently he doesn't like greek...we finally decided to do Beck's in the tunnel after deciding that Market Square grill was farther than I wanted to walk, Cafe Express isn't our type of place, and he boasted that he could find anything. Yes, he had the obligatory lost in the DT tunnels experience. Becks was good as usual and overpriced.

I wish we had more reasonably priced eateries in Downtown that were closer to the "skyline district" with atmosphere. I like a lot of the places in the tunnel but hate the feeling of being in a bunker, and a lot of cool places like Longhorn Cafe, Cabo, Market Square Grill, etc. are just a little far.

Eh, they both rap lamb and rice in Grape leaves...... but I ain't gonna split hairs.

It's all Greek to me... :P

I am not sure if I had said Lebanese instead of Greek I would have helped my case much, though.

• The title was changed to Downtown Lunch Spot

Archived