Lubbock, TX

brijonmang

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATM is an automatic teller machine so we should call an automatic teller machine something else?

Huh?

Texas A&M University is not ever written as an A, a T and a M of the same size. The logo you are confusing with Automatic Teller Machine has a T twice the size of the A and M.

On the computer Texas A&M is simply abbreviated as A&M.

You didn't go to the University of Tennessee, but did you go to t.u.?

You probably went to (we don't wanna be known as but have to still say Southwest for anyone to know what the heck we are talking about) Texas State.

Let's let the Lubbockians get back to talking about TT.

More New Buildings Under Construction at Texas Tech

100_3535.JPG

New Animal Science Bldg Courtyard

100_3571.JPG

Student Union

100_3568.JPG

Student Union Closeup

100_3548.JPG

Condos Across the Street from Campus in North Overton

100_3554.JPG

New Residence Hall Under Construction

• 2 weeks later...

Developers are currently re-developing the area across the street from the Texas Tech University campus. A large chunk (326 acres) of privately owned homes & businesses were purchased by the developer for redevelopment. The Overton Park project is currently the largest privately funded urban redevelopment project in the nation.

It includes a mix of residential, street-level retail, entertainment, hotels and major retail anchors, here are some recent pics:

100_3709.JPG

The Centre I

100_3710.JPG

The Centre II

100_3708.JPG

City Bank Bldg

100_3707.JPG

Corner @ University & Glenna Goodacre Street

100_3719.JPG

Jones SBC from a distance

100_3712.JPG

The Front of the new Football Training Facility across from stadium. There are Twelve flagpoles in addition to the US and Texas Flags that fly the flags of all 12 of the Big XII Conference Universities. Incidentally this is very close to Southwest Conference Circle a monument to the 9 former-SWC schools.

100_3706.JPG

Tree-lined walkways leading to Doak Hall

I'm in Houston.

Getting these pics from this fellow:

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/obarbee/

He takes new pics every month showcasing all of the new construction as well as other highlights on the Texas Tech campus (that's why a number of the previous pics are gone...I'll repost them on one of my servers).

(PS --- check your Private Messages, I replied)

Yeah so since u live where i do and all...arent you pissed about all the trees they tore down to widen telge? that sucks

Those projects would be a nice addition to any city. By the way, your comment on trees reminded me of an old joke about so few trees being in Lubbock that families get together and time-share them.

Agreed about Telge. Makes me sick, though I'm not sure how they'd do it otherwise. I imagine they're going to do the same on Huffmeister soon as well. :angry:

Still, the clearcutting is getting way out of hand up here in the Far Northwest. Everyday, I drive by what once was a nice green forest, only to see it clearcut for another crap ass shopping center, spec neighborhood, or self-storage facility. It makes me want to puke. We need improved development standards on the county level that creates more greenspace, not only for the obvious environmental reasons, but for aesthetics, and overall Quality of Life. You'd think that by now, the people of Harris County would've figured that out.

We don't have much in terms of scenery here in Houston, but the one thing we do have is trees. Unfortunately, we also have a bunch of idiotic developers with a penchant for cutting down everything in sight.

We like Longwood because the developer (who's now based in Austin, and also managed Harvard University's $20 Billion endowment) did a great job retaining the 'woodsy' feel, retaining trees and creating greenbelts.

Having lived in Lubbock, it makes one appreciate trees.

• The title was changed to Lubbock, TX

Archived