Vote for ME 4 President !

TJones

If I promised to do all the following, would you vote for me as the next President ???

Here's what I think could be done within 4yrs. might take 8yrs. nobody really wants to be a "one termer" anyways.

"1. Pull all of our troops out of Iraq and around the world safely and strategically (according to the commanders on the ground).

2. Work to Abolish various goverment agencies, including...

-The Federal Reserve

-The IRS

-The Department of Education

-The Department of Energy

-The FDA

-The INS

-The FBI and CIA

-The Secret Service

-The FCC

etc...

3. I would repeal the 16th ammendment and replace it with a 1% sales tax on all products, as well as leaving various tariffs and user fees.

4. I would cut 95% of government spending, to compensate for the tax cut, and pull federal authority back to its constitutional purpose.

5. I would allow for a slow, but gradual, privatization of Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and Education in this country.

6. I would make all "victimless crime" legal including...

-Ending the War on Drugs

-Prostitution

-Gambling

-Marijuana (for medical and non-medical purposes)

-Seat-belts

-Gay Civil-Unions, "marriage"

-Flag Burning

etc...

7. I would repeal all bans and regulations (except for criminal background checks) on Guns and respect the Second Ammendment.

8. I would secure our borders (without building a wall) and reform Immigration by making it easier for immigrants to come into this country legally. I would return this country to a free trade, free travel society. I would also provide a path to citizenship (not amnesty) for illegals already here.

9. I would make pollution of air and water a property rights issue and combat environmental crimes. (I would not, however, buy into the scare tactics of so called "Global Warming" which is only a natural weather pattern of our planet)

10. I would reintistute letters of marque and reprisal to go after and defend against terrorist organizations that attack or pose a legitimate threat to the U.S. (This would be completely up to congress to declare) I would never go to war, unless there was a direct purpose in defending our national security. I would allow the congress to declare it, the senate to investigate it, the people to support it, and I would go in there and get the job done.

Sorry, number 11 was about abortion. I respect a WOMAN'S right to choose.

12. I would appoint only strict constructionist judges, turn back powers to the congress and the people, and only use my power when constitutional and necessary. I would also advocate reduction in the size of government, term limits to eliminate corruption, and return of powers to state and local governments. Finally, I would never accept special interest money... at all.

13. I would end all corporate subsidies, the welfare state, and unconstitutional regulation. This would return us to a capitalist, free-market, lasseiz-faire, and prosperous society.

14. I would withdraw from the U.N.(except for having an ambassador and basic relationship) otherwise I would get out of any organization or agreement which comprimises U.S. soverignty. This includes the CFR, World Bank, and WTO.

15. I would balance the budget and stop deficit spending. This includes no printing money, borrowing from China and Saudi Arabia, and excessive taxation.

16. No more censorship of free speech, including the Internet, and all religions will be tolerated and accepted in public affairs... none will supercede any others.

17. I would promote freedom through diplomacy, engagement, trade, and peaceful means... especially by example. I would not hesitate to fight criminals and enemies when needed.

18. I would return democracy to our electoral system. No more campaign finance reform or regulations making it impossible for opposing viewpoints to be heard on media outlets, third parties and independents to get on ballots... as well I would open up the majority of government, ending the secritive police state, and make it as democratic as possible.

19. Last but not least, I would allow 1 person a year to win a lottery (offered to all americans) to get a free ride on airforce one. The taxpayer pays for it, they should get a chance to enjoy it."

Edited by TJones

Well, now that you really don't have much of a federal government (uh, except that whole defense thing which I think you forgot about) and don't have much in the way of tax revenue coming in to do jack with, with hundreds of thousands of displaced accountants, spies, welfare mothers, computer nerds and tax attorneys, it will be a free-for-all at the state level. I'll have to run for governor. :D

If I promised to do all the following, would you vote for me as the next President ???

No. However, if First Lady we're an elected position, I bet you could pick out some nice china.

this reminded me of literature peter brown puts out except it didn't start with "dear friends" :lol:

[snicker] ^_^

4. I would cut 95% of government spending, to compensate for the tax cut, and pull federal authority back to its constitutional purpose.

Hmmm....so, the 2008 US budget of $2.9 Trillion suddenly shrinks to $145 Billion. OK. So, that $481 Billion military is gone. That $145 Billion Homeland Security...gone. $40 Billion for the VA?...screw the vets. $17 Billion for NASA?....HA! And, my favorite....$261 Billion interest on the National Debt?....full faith and credit? We don't need no stinkin' full faith and credit!

Now, for those who think this can't be done, hogwash! There are numerous countries...mostly in Africa...who already do this. And, don't worry about the veterans. There will be plenty of armed security jobs available from Blackwater to protect all of our personal belongings from the roving bands of hungry thugs created by the economic collapse.

I'm in.

"1. Pull all of our troops out of Iraq and around the world safely and strategically (according to the commanders on the ground).

You'll get hammered for "safely" -- the far left wants nothing more than everyone to run screaming out of Iraq immediately and there's no room for negotiation.

You'll also get hammered for "strategically" because it can be twisted to make it sound like you want to stay in Iraq forever. Without a timetable set in stone you're going to miss about 30% of the electorate.

2. Work to Abolish various goverment agencies, including...

-The Federal Reserve

-The IRS

-The Department of Education

-The Department of Energy

-The FDA

-The INS

-The FBI and CIA

-The Secret Service

The president doesn't have the power to do any of these things.

-The FCC

So, we're going to turn frequency coordination over to the United Nations?

3. I would repeal the 16th ammendment and replace it with a 1% sales tax on all products, as well as leaving various tariffs and user fees.

The president doesn't have the power to do this.

5. I would allow for a slow, but gradual, privatization of Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and Education in this country.

You'll need congress' help. All the ones with grey hair.

6. I would make all "victimless crime" legal including...

-Ending the War on Drugs

-Prostitution

-Gambling

-Marijuana (for medical and non-medical purposes)

-Seat-belts

-Gay Civil-Unions, "marriage"

-Flag Burning

etc...

7. I would repeal all bans and regulations (except for criminal background checks) on Guns and respect the Second Ammendment.

Maybe through an executive order this might work, but I suspect the president doesn't have the power to do this.

8. I would secure our borders (without building a wall) and reform Immigration by making it easier for immigrants to come into this country legally. I would return this country to a free trade, free travel society. I would also provide a path to citizenship (not amnesty) for illegals already here.

You've painted with very broad brush strokes. Without a detailed plan, we have no way of judging how you might do this.

9. I would make pollution of air and water a property rights issue and combat environmental crimes. (I would not, however, buy into the scare tactics of so called "Global Warming" which is only a natural weather pattern of our planet)

Start by giving the EPA the money it deserves and making it an independent organization.

10. I would reintistute letters of marque and reprisal to go after and defend against terrorist organizations that attack or pose a legitimate threat to the U.S. (This would be completely up to congress to declare) I would never go to war, unless there was a direct purpose in defending our national security. I would allow the congress to declare it, the senate to investigate it, the people to support it, and I would go in there and get the job done.

*riiiiing* United Nations on line two.

Sorry, number 11 was about abortion. I respect a WOMAN'S right to choose.

All you've done is tell us you respect something. You haven't told us what you're going to do about it.

12. I would appoint only strict constructionist judges, turn back powers to the congress and the people, and only use my power when constitutional and necessary. I would also advocate reduction in the size of government, term limits to eliminate corruption, and return of powers to state and local governments. Finally, I would never accept special interest money... at all.

13. I would end all corporate subsidies, the welfare state, and unconstitutional regulation. This would return us to a capitalist, free-market, lasseiz-faire, and prosperous society.

14. I would withdraw from the U.N.(except for having an ambassador and basic relationship) otherwise I would get out of any organization or agreement which comprimises U.S. soverignty. This includes the CFR, World Bank, and WTO.

This contradicts portions of #8

15. I would balance the budget and stop deficit spending. This includes no printing money, borrowing from China and Saudi Arabia, and excessive taxation.

Why would you not want China and Saudi buying T-bills like every other country on Earth? It's what gives the United States leverage. Making a list of countries and telling them you won't take their money is a way of alienating half the planet and isolating us from the world.

Also, you haven't defined "excessive taxation."

16. No more censorship of free speech, including the Internet, and all religions will be tolerated and accepted in public affairs... none will supercede any others.

17. I would promote freedom through diplomacy, engagement, trade, and peaceful means... especially by example. I would not hesitate to fight criminals and enemies when needed.

Contradicts #14.

18. I would return democracy to our electoral system. No more campaign finance reform or regulations making it impossible for opposing viewpoints to be heard on media outlets, third parties and independents to get on ballots... as well I would open up the majority of government, ending the secritive police state, and make it as democratic as possible.

19. Last but not least, I would allow 1 person a year to win a lottery (offered to all americans) to get a free ride on airforce one. The taxpayer pays for it, they should get a chance to enjoy it."

Finally... something you CAN do!

You had my vote after #1 but lost it by #2.

By questions #3 through 5, I began to question your sanity.

You made a slight comeback at #6 but lost me again at #7.

I was intrigued by #8 but laughing by #9 and completely turned off by #11. Got bored and changed the channel.