Houston High School At 790 Austin St.

Vertigo58

Aside note many Houston residents of the time claimed this building was so large that it was a waste since Houston would never need a school this big.

That I truly believe!

That must have been a common phrase in those days for most of the cities structures, road's, etc.

Something I always bear in mind is that Houston became the central re-location for most if not all of the residents that once lived near the Gulf and fled after the 1900 storm. Houston boomed and rest is history of course. Remember this was build in 1907. A mere 7 years after that historical calamity. -_-

• Like 1

The old school was also very close to The Old Houston Fire Station #1 which must have also been HFD headquarters and the location of Sam Houston;s House when he was President of the Republic.

That I truly believe!

That must have been a common phrase in those days for most of the cities structures, road's, etc.

Something I always bear in mind is that Houston became the central re-location for most if not all of the residents that once lived near the Gulf and fled after the 1900 storm. Houston boomed and rest is history of course. Remember this was build in 1907. A mere 7 years after that historical calamity. -_-

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Grand High School
  • The title was changed to Houston High School At 790 Austin St.
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...