Kraftsmen Baking At 611 W. 22nd St.

Porchman

My wife and I drove by around 5:30 to see if they were open for dinner, but we couldn't really tell if anything was open. We saw some cars but thought they were for the employees working the bakery. Any idea where the cafe part is? It's a pretty big building.

I guess Tycer is focusing his efforts into Kraftsmen since several of his other concepts are failing, and the new planned restaurant never got off the ground.

He is supposed to open a Kraftsmen Cafe in the same building as the wholesale bakery on W22nd. Not sure to what extent that space is the same as the now defunct Textile. Kraftsment has talked about having a Cafe in the new West Ave development on Kirby for a few years. Not sure if that is happening or not. Tycer is looking for a location in the Galleria to try for a new restaurant. I think Tycer just can't find a groove like he did with Gravitas. Aries and Textile were pushing too hard to be the uber dinning experience and could not completely live up to the hype. But it is just a matter of time before a new Tycer venture hits the ground.

My wife and I drove by around 5:30 to see if they were open for dinner, but we couldn't really tell if anything was open. We saw some cars but thought they were for the employees working the bakery. Any idea where the cafe part is? It's a pretty big building.

I think they close(d) at 3. Not sure if this will be the case going forward or not.

He is supposed to open a Kraftsmen Cafe in the same building as the wholesale bakery on W22nd. Not sure to what extent that space is the same as the now defunct Textile. Kraftsment has talked about having a Cafe in the new West Ave development on Kirby for a few years. Not sure if that is happening or not. Tycer is looking for a location in the Galleria to try for a new restaurant. I think Tycer just can't find a groove like he did with Gravitas. Aries and Textile were pushing too hard to be the uber dinning experience and could not completely live up to the hype. But it is just a matter of time before a new Tycer venture hits the ground.

Aries always lived up to the hype. It was well regarded locally and given accolades in the national food press. It was a shock to everyone when Tycer closed it. Aries was a pre- Gravitas.

The new location will only have breakfast and lunch and is in the same space where Textile was.

• The title was changed to Kraftsmen Baking And Textile
  • The title was changed to Kraftsmen Baking At 611 W. 22nd St.

Archived