Massive new sports complex for Hispanics

The DMN had an article about a huge new sports complex being put up on Stemmons Freeway at Viceroy. Looks like it will have 20 indoor soccer, volleyball, and tennis courts plus shops, restaurants, and hundreds of apartments. The article says it's being targeted at Hispanics and construction should start this year.

The DMN had an article about a huge new sports complex being put up on Stemmons Freeway at Viceroy. Looks like it will have 20 indoor soccer, volleyball, and tennis courts plus shops, restaurants, and hundreds of apartments. The article says it's being targeted at Hispanics and construction should start this year.

"Massive new sports complex for Whites".

I wonder how that thread would go over? Why wouldn't the massive new sports complex be for all people? Why must it be marketed to a particular ethnicity? Just curious. I am not blowing a gasket, I don't have my panties in a wad. I'm just curious how the headline "Massive new sports complex for Whites" would go over. Just a thought...

Is that for regular ole citizens or schools or sports franchises? Trying to picture why they would need something like that for average citizens?

I wonder how that thread would go over? Why wouldn't the massive new sports complex be for all people? Why must it be marketed to a particular ethnicity? Just curious. I am not blowing a gasket, I don't have my panties in a wad. I'm just curious how the headline "Massive new sports complex for Whites" would go over. Just a thought...

Becuase white people don't play soccer.

I was kinda wondering the same thing, but didn't want to make it a racial/ethnic question unnecessarily.

Knock yourself out. When a thread is started with no pictures, no link, and little else but a title, it seems that its only purpose is to let the anti-immigrant crowd vent a little.

I am not anti-immigration, however, I am for smart immigration policy. I think we all agree we can't keep letting millions of people flood our borders each year, but building a huge soccer stadium for one ethnic group (at the expense of others? unsure?) is kinda weird.

For those who are actually interested in the building aspect of this thread, here's a link.

Mexicans taking over Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

I am not anti-immigration, however, I am for smart immigration policy. I think we all agree we can't keep letting millions of people flood our borders each year, but building a huge soccer stadium for one ethnic group (at the expense of others? unsure?) is kinda weird.

I can see you have never played in a softball league.

I can see you have never played in a softball league.

:lol: i love how the title of the article goes from Sports, entertainment complex planned on Stemmons Freeway to Mexicans taking over Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex hilarious!

:lol: i love how the title of the article goes from Sports, entertainment complex planned on Stemmons Freeway to Mexicans taking over Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex hilarious!

The person that posted that obviously changed the link title. Really easy to do with basic html knowledge.

Knock yourself out. When a thread is started with no pictures, no link, and little else but a title, it seems that its only purpose is to let the anti-immigrant crowd vent a little.

Perhaps the title of the thread is a little big vague with no link.

I agree... it shouldn't be marketed to one group... it should be for everyone. If one group uses it more so be it... doesn't mean others from other groups won't.

Here's the story:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n1.461fd5f.html

A former industrial tract on Stemmons Freeway is being planned for a sprawling sports, entertainment and mixed-use complex aimed at North Texas' large Hispanic population.

LRS Real Estate has tied up more than 26 acres at Stemmons and Viceroy Drive, about six miles northwest of downtown Dallas, for a development called Foro Dallas.

Plans call for restaurants, retail and several hundred apartment units.

LRS hired Dallas architect HKS to design the Foro complex, which will have 20 covered, multi-use courts for such sports as soccer, volleyball and tennis. Plans also call for a banquet hall and hospitality suites.

And about 250,000 square feet of total retail space is included.

Mr. Peinado said the first phase of the project will cost $50 million and should start by the fourth quarter. The first anchor tenant will be a 30,000-square-foot Famsa appliances and furniture store.

Archived