Oil Companies

49 minutes ago, Ross said:

PDR does a lot of interior design work, and the results I've seen are very good.  I assume, though, that it's going to be more than just one floor, as $6 million for a single floor buildout seems high.

But 24,450 square feet is likely just one floor (and the document tells us the location of the work is the 11th floor).

16 hours ago, toxtethogrady said:

That skyscraper has languished, as the oil industry has downsized. Chevron has said they will leave the headquarters in San Ramon, but they are hinting they will move most of the remaining California employees to Houston (and have incentivized it). I'm not sure there are enough personnel to justify a new tower anymore, especially with remote work situations. I'm also not sure we can expect new hires. The industry's been burned too often. On the other hand, they might have a need for contractors, and those contractors might be expected to be onsite. Also, vacant space is plentiful. All of that together says no new skyscraper anytime soon.

Would like to be proven wrong but I agree as the article is pure speculation of a proposal from nearly a decade ago. We don’t know how many employees they are bringing-maybe a HQ move will warrant a new tower. 

• 2 months later...

https://realtynewsreport.com/chevron-denies-headquarters-relocation-to-houston/

The company denied that it will move its headquarters to downtown Houston where it had a skyscraper on the drawing boards less than a decade ago when it lined up a multi-million-dollar economic development grant from the state of Texas.

“Chevron will remain headquartered in California,” Chevron spokesman Braden Reddall told the Wall Street Journal last week.

With its old California HQ campus sold off, Chevron said it has leased 400,000 SF of office space in a nearby San Ramon complex where its headquarters will remain, the oil company’s PR man said.

• Confused 1