Four Toll Lanes on I-10?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this must be old already because some of the info doesn't match the letter released today.

Registered vehicles also would activate an alert, prompting a deputy constable to observe whether there was more than one person on board, while other deputies patrol the lanes, HCTRA says.

i do like the high tech way of enforcement though.

You can unregister as a carpool by calling HCTRA 24 hours in advance. After driving solo, you can call back and re-register as an HOV. Eventually, you will be able to do this via the HCTRA website.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metrop...it/5949701.html

better link.....i'm SURE they'll be some growing pains here however with more capacity the 2 person car pools are now an option again.

better link.....i'm SURE they'll be some growing pains here however with more capacity the 2 person car pools are now an option again.

There sure will. And, since there will be growing pains, this means that there will be those that claim Armagedden is upon us, since HCTRA did not get it perfect the first time. I suppose there will also be some suggestions that corporations and the free market would have done it better than government as well...just for good measure. ;)

It would be nice if the driver could flip a switch on the transponder to indicate solo or car pool or 2 persons or whatever. I'm not sure if it's technically possible with the current system, but maybe on future projects it might be an option.

There has to be a better way to do it than the one they're plotting. This just seems like a crazy hoop to have to jump through, especially since the toll plazas (or whatever you call them) are designed with a lane for the carpools to go through. Why not just have them go through that lane and check the ones that don't look like they've got two people down the road?

There has to be a better way to do it than the one they're plotting. This just seems like a crazy hoop to have to jump through, especially since the toll plazas (or whatever you call them) are designed with a lane for the carpools to go through. Why not just have them go through that lane and check the ones that don't look like they've got two people down the road?

Is getting a toll tag for the privilege of driving on a congestion free lane during a Houston rush hour THAT big of an inconvenience? Is calling HCTRA in advance for the one time that you do not have a carpool, so that you can STILL drive congestion free during a Houston rush hour THAT big of an inconvenience?

BTW, there WILL be a better way. Once the HCTRA account software is upgraded, one will be able to click the carpool option on and off on the website.

BTW, there WILL be a better way. Once the HCTRA account software is upgraded, one will be able to click the carpool option on and off on the website.

I am flabbergasted. The very notion of calling 24 hours in advance to switch your tag. I am flabbergasted.

Maybe when the web entry option is activated, there could be a little parking lot with a laptop right where you enter - so you could park and log on real quick to change your profile.

I really thought I was missing something when this was first announced - that there would perhaps be separate entrances for the carpools and the toll tags.

Oh - I know - an even better idea - let's all purchase two vehicles - one tagged and one not tagged - and anytime you want to carpool, just use your untagged vehicle. I knew if I thought about it long enough, an idea would come! :wacko:

Archived