Danax?

Trae

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a lurker at least goes to the website, danax doesn't

How do you know? Unless you know and have access to his IP address records or something. I mean, anyone could lurk if they choose and no one would be the wiser.

Since scottf is probably not going to read this, I'm going to post this for anyone else that wants to pull a "Danax":

Even though our little group has grown, one thing that everyone needs to consider when reading some of our posts is that everyone is entitled to their opinion (except Pen...er...Niche..). As long as there is no intended malice and any replies are taken with a substantial grain of salt, you can't really take anything on here personally. Quite a number of us have a pretty good amount of thick skin and take insults in stride others, not so much. While we may pull our punches if we THINK we gone to far in the past, it is up to the individual user to tell us so.

We're not mind readers(My ESP powers has long experienced with my warranty) and we (most of us, anyway) are not not always right and sometimes we need a gentle (Some need a bat to the groin) reminder that our words can be particularly pointed and may have crossed the line.

Me? I like a good creative insult (as has been witnessed a time or two). I have strong disagreements with some of my fellow members, but I don't attack them personally. I have pondered a bat to a groin, but that would have been virtual (looks meaningfully at Mark).

Just a reminder, a friendly PM to the person you have an issue with might help, if not bring in a Mod.

To be perfectly honest, Ed (Who needs a new name, btw) is generally too busy trying to keep us in line as a whole to bother with us individually. :)

In short: Lighten up.

I made a point about this awhile back and I will stand by my statement. There are a lot of people on here that do act like know-it-alls and who seem to think they know everything about everything. They come off as rude, insensitive, brash, and arrogant. In other words, their attitudes about posts is a turn-off.

Before you ask, or imply that I am implying ... I am not speaking of anyone in particular, but I have had my run-ins on this board and threads and sometimes feel like "Man, what is wrong with that cat?" I am also wise enough to know that I probably come off as smug or arrogant (or just outright wrong) as well in some areas, but I try not to beat someone down to prove MY point.

Discussion is good. Disagreement is good. Being disagreeable is just bad manners.

How do you know? Unless you know and have access to his IP address records or something. I mean, anyone could lurk if they choose and no one would be the wiser.

i talk to him regularly. i saw him tuesday.

This is a very opaque thread. I don't understand why scottf is leaving. I don't understand the point someone made that ricco67 didn't get. I don't even know who made the point. Maybe I'm too sleepy for this thread.

I understand houstonmacbro's point about "know-it-alls" on The HAIF. I'm wearing a The HAIF shirt today that says "KNOW.IT.ALL.".

Boy, Danax, for someone who's not around anymore, you sure have everyone bickering... :o

I think it is just sad for forum members to leave in such a way that can't be remedied. I still think that what scottf had posted was better said as a PM instead of a public post, as it bordered along calling someone a hypocrite (at least that is what I took from it). This forum is really for information about Houston related items, first and foremost, but we retreat into each others personal lives constantly, as I am guilty of that too. If we stay clear from that, especially public postings that lean towards insulting each other, people should have no reason to feel censored or leave.

I'm a little bewildered that scottf would choose to jump ship, and more surprised that he wold choose to do it in such a public way.

On May 19th he was given a one-sentence warning for posting a personal attack on another member ("Personal attacks are not permitted on HAIF"). I don't understand why it took him ten days to decide to jump.

Everyone knows I don't read every post on HAIF. Everyone knows that I hand out warnings when I see things here and there. It's like running radar on 288 -- no cop can or will catch every infringement.

I guess he feels like he's being singled out, which he is not. I checked the logs and since issuing that warning I've sent more than 50 similar warnings to 41 other HAIFers. I guess he feels bad because he got caught while others didn't. As I've told others, and as is stated in the forum guidelines, no one has to stand for personal attacks against them. They should always contact a moderator or me to take care of the situation. If you don't tell us something is wrong, chances are we won't know about it.

I'm a little bewildered that scottf would choose to jump ship, and more surprised that he wold choose to do it in such a public way.

On May 19th he was given a one-sentence warning for posting a personal attack on another member ("Personal attacks are not permitted on HAIF"). I don't understand why it took him ten days to decide to jump.

Everyone knows I don't read every post on HAIF. Everyone knows that I hand out warnings when I see things here and there. It's like running radar on 288 -- no cop can or will catch every infringement.

I guess he feels like he's being singled out, which he is not. I checked the logs and since issuing that warning I've sent more than 50 similar warnings to 41 other HAIFers. I guess he feels bad because he got caught while others didn't. As I've told others, and as is stated in the forum guidelines, no one has to stand for personal attacks against them. They should always contact a moderator or me to take care of the situation. If you don't tell us something is wrong, chances are we won't know about it.

I've been spanked by Ed a couple of times and I didn't mind it. :wub:

I've been spanked by Ed a couple of times and I didn't mind it. :wub:

I guess some people are a little more sensitive than others. In the words of that whistling doctor from Scrubs, "Man up, Nancy."

wow.

there are threads outside of the going up section?

when did this happen and why wasn't i notified.

+1 for all of the drama ive been missing.

:D

and as a side note, some may give the impression as know-it-alls but that may not be their intent.

: points at self :

its a message board, people. we come here to share thoughts and insight, not to measure penis sizes.

Archived