Is The State Of Texas Holding Some Of Your Money

houstonmacbro

Again, I'm asking, what risk?

No one is sitting around waiting to packet-sniff your IP address in hopes you are going to claim $6 and type in your SSN. In fact, one doesn't need much more than a $10 a month account to a variety of online services which deal with public records, and a name.

Identity theft doesn't happen the way most people think it does.

There is no real risk when you type your SSN in to a secure website.

I found 6 bucks from 2006. But they're asking for my social security number -- and I'd rather not take the risk for $6.

You can just call the number listed and speak to a real person. They can mail you out the form if you would rather not do it online.

Personally, I think there is more risk speaking to someone than doing it online. People can be hacked (or enticed to steal) more easily than a website.

Just my two cents.

The risk of my own uneasiness -- even if it's unreasonable. :)

Well, if you do not have any money there it is no issue. If you do have money you can just call the number and speak to a real person.

I am not seeing where your uneasiness would prevent you from getting your money, provided you have money there.

To search for money you do not have to enter your SSN. Just a name and city.