Nightmare On 16th St.

MidtownCoog

The neighbors actually own the house. I believe that I read somewhere that they built both of them, but I can't recall where.

I believe that's correct. I think when I checked HCAD the same person owned this house and the neighboring one. Assuming of course that info is up to date. This house has been on the market for a LONG time, and if I were to bet I'd say that's where it will stay for an even longer time. Maybe I just don't "get it" with this house but it seems so overpriced not only for its appeal (or lack of) but overpriced for the immediate neighborhood as well.

I agree that there are probably a number of people who will like the style and size, but i just don't see this place in the million dollar range. I especially don't see it going for that much in that part of Shady Acres or any of Shady Acres for that matter. Isn't there some common wisdom about buying the cheapest house in an expensive neighborhood not the most expensive one? Because this house is at about $600 - $700K over all the other homes in the neighborhood with maybe only one or two exceptions in Clark Pines. Maybe someone with deep pockets will fall in love with the place and buy it... stranger things have happened, especially in Houston.

I do believe I will have to take a drive by that tomorrow. It' salmost directly North of where we live in Timbegrove. I like the concept of a steel frame house, but when/if I build one, it will be way more attractive thatn this one, and will blend into the neighborhood (at least as well as a new house can blend into a hood full of 1400 sq ft houses with cedar shake siding).

I drove by this house today. It's uglier in person than the pictures. That entire street is one of the least attractive I've seen in the area. I doubt there were any trees there for them to cut down, as there just aren't many to speak of on that part of 16th. I can't believe they expect to find someone willing to pay $100k per year to rent the place. Yecch.