Deep Doggy Do

sidegate

Please advise me. Is there any law against maiming a dog if it scares your two-year-old on your own property?

1)the dog shouldn't be roaming on your property. as for maiming, i wouldn't think that would be allowed for scaring someone however a bb/pellet gun could be helpful in preventing 1. <_<

What I'm talking about is bigger than any of these three you posted by the way.

LOL

Also, my gratitude to fellow HAIFers for not posting photos on this thread. :D
November 1st, 2008 @ 2:54am' post='288066']

(images deleted from quote)

Obviously, I spoke too soon.

How was happy hour(s), Red? B)

1)the dog shouldn't be roaming on your property. as for maiming, i wouldn't think that would be allowed for scaring someone however a bb/pellet gun could be helpful in preventing 1. <_<

Honestly I feel bad saying that. I wish I can hurt the dog and the owner feel the pain. If I really wanted to harm them those dogs will be on crutches by now. :lol: I might try that paintball gun. I will do it, get in my car and come back home at midnight. That way I didn'tdo it. :D

Please advise me. Is there any law against maiming a dog if it scares your two-year-old on your own property?

In Kentucky there is a law that specifically addresses this. You can shoot any dog that "worries" you. Of course, the definition of "worries" is pretty broad.

When I worked at a TV station in Cincinnati (borders on northern Kentucky) we would get phone calls all the time from people in Kentucky upset that their neighbor killed their dog, but there was nothing we could do -- it's legal there. Don't like it? Move across the river to civilization.

In Boston, as my neighborhood gentrifies with people too good to pick up their own dog's sh%&, there are some great ways to combat the problem.

My favorite has been chalk art. People chalk art surround the offending pile. I'll try and get some photos...

In Boston, as my neighborhood gentrifies with people too good to pick up their own dog's sh%&, there are some great ways to combat the problem.

My favorite has been chalk art. People chalk art surround the offending pile. I'll try and get some photos...

Not a bad idea -- chalk the address of the offending pooch. Embarrass it's owner.

Here's one of those chemical warnings.

post-1-1225559254_thumb.jpg

This is on a city-owned right-of-way (people call it a "tree lawn" up here). Surely the city wouldn't lie to us about poisoning pets!

Lawn fertilizer and pesticide can be very harmful to pets. It can burn the pads of their feet, and worse, as dogs and cats tend to lick themselves to clean up, they may lick their feet to get rid of the pesticide on their feet, ingesting the chemicals.

Of course, the signs are permanent, but the pesticde is dispersed within a day or two, so the pet owner must decide when it is safe to use the lawn and when it is not.

• 1 month later...

Some of the dog owners that go to the dog parks either flat out don't pick up after their dogs or seem to miss seeing them going so they don't know they have anything to pick up.

I am thankful for our dog parks and usually pick up not only after my dogs but a few of the others.

I also always carry bags with me during our walks. (It amazes me how much poo can come out of something so small).

Being a dog owner I don't mind picking up after my dogs. The way I see it is that I wouldn't want it left in my yard or sidewalk so why should I expect anyone else to.

LOL

Whoever have that dog probably read this forum. haven't seen mounds on my lawn in about a month.

• 2 weeks later...
1)the dog shouldn't be roaming on your property. as for maiming, i wouldn't think that would be allowed for scaring someone however a bb/pellet gun could be helpful in preventing 1.

Ding! Although I don't live in a highly suburbanized area (is that a word?) I feel your pain and wish I could take out those dogs with a vengeance.

"Hey, uh, ma'am, there is an ordinance on dog feces..."

"I'm not touching that. It's Fido's..."

"Walk the dog, pick up the crap."

"Uhh, no!"

(gets gun)

BANG!

"Now pick up the crap and the dog."

"I'm telling!"

"Be sure to tell it was my property and your disobedience."

• 2 weeks later...

We had this question brought to us:

The green space on the Quakers' (Live Oak Friends) W 27/Beall property is used by dog owners including myself. There are some dog owners who have not been picking up after their dogs. This ruins it for the Quakers who own the land and the community. Does anyone have suggestions on what can be done to ensure people pick up?

Any suggestions?

My idea was putting the "No Poop" signs

We had this question brought to us:

The green space on the Quakers' (Live Oak Friends) W 27/Beall property is used by dog owners including myself. There are some dog owners who have not been picking up after their dogs. This ruins it for the Quakers who own the land and the community. Does anyone have suggestions on what can be done to ensure people pick up?

Any suggestions?

My idea was putting the "No Poop" signs

The problem I see is that most dogs cannot read.

what about all the cats that roam into my yard and crap in my veg. garden? for some reason, cat crap stinks from about a good 20 feet away....my dog LOVES cat poo...it's gross..i won't go into any more details...

i think roaming cats rank up there with roaming dogs...

Archived