Chuck Rosenthal E-mail Controversy

JLWM8609

I think it may have took him this long to figure out what "angle" to go with as to WHY he finally decided to step down. I stuck a fork in him as soon as this story broke. I think he realizes that by deleting certain emails, he has broken some laws, and most likely was going to face some criminal charges if he did NOT resign.

Perhaps he is on the verge of a heartattack, with all the pressure, the drugs, his wife finally finding out about his affair.....

It is better just to step away WITHOUT your diginity intact, than to end up with your diginity 6 feet under. ;)

Edited by TJones

This is the official statement from Judge Emmett:

"Although I truly appreciate Mr. Rosenthal's years of service as a Harris County prosecutor and district attorney, I am grateful that he has chosen today to put the interests of Harris County above his own. With the recent distractions surrounding Mr. Rosenthal now removed, the Harris County District Attorney's Office can return to its mission of seeking impartial justice on behalf of all our residents.

"I eagerly anticipate Gov. Rick Perry's selection of a replacement for Mr. Rosenthal, and I'm certain the commissioners and I will do all we can to ensure that the transition goes as smoothly and quickly as possible."

Regardless of what you think of Rosenthal... How many of us out there would be embarrassed and ruined if the email you sent through your work email account suddenly was published for all to see - including your boss? You know you do it! ...but I guess just don't "over do it," right?

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/news/edocs.html (see "Astronaut-related Requests")

Regardless of what you think of Rosenthal... How many of us out there would be embarrassed and ruined if the email you sent through your work email account suddenly was published for all to see - including your boss? You know you do it! ...but I guess just don't "over do it," right?

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/news/edocs.html (see "Astronaut-related Requests")

I only send work related emails through my work email account... nothing personal or embarrassing... anything personal goes through my personal email account.

• 3 weeks later...
Ch 13 relased more emails today:

To: Stevens, Kerry

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:42pm

Subject: You

Baby when I kiss your hair

I feel electricity in the air

I'm gonna kiss your eyes

Then I'm gonna kiss your neck

Then I'm gonna kiss your tummy

Then I'm gonna kiss your pineapple

Love,

Chuckie

I think it may have took him this long to figure out what "angle" to go with as to WHY he finally decided to step down. I stuck a fork in him as soon as this story broke. I think he realizes that by deleting certain emails, he has broken some laws, and most likely was going to face some criminal charges if he did NOT resign.

Perhaps he is on the verge of a heartattack, with all the pressure, the drugs, his wife finally finding out about his affair.....

It is better just to step away WITHOUT your diginity intact, than to end up with your diginity 6 feet under. ;)

Bad Chuckie