The Dark Knight

Trae

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a hilarious spoof on this new Bat dude on the radio this morn. Had his (actor) voice dubbed in with a premiere kind of interview. Had him beating up women (mom/sis). Pretty daring of the station. :D

No way. TDK is going to stay in theaters for a long time. "War Inc." will probably be gone in a week. And "Hellboy 2" is a Guillermo Del Toro film. That puts it at the top of the list.

I am all in on HB2, don't get me worng. That will be my next ticket. Saw Space Chimps, with 8 others in the theater. Great for kids, a couple of funny parts for the grown-ups. One part actually made me laugh out loud with the other 2 adults in the theater. Kids didn't get the joke. I was thankful for that. Save your money on chimps unless you have kids under the age of 9.

moo...I've never been one of those people who are "ga-ga" over Batman. I've always preferred the Marvel Universe and only Superman from DC Comics. Superman, to me, is more cool because he's an alien and has all that Krypton history. I l

Cool stuff.

Batman is just some guy with angst who puts on a suit and decides to be a crimefighter. I'm not into the anti-hero or these dark movies...as a rule.

Now, a Batman/Superman movie would rule. Any of you read World's Finest comics?

moo...I've never been one of those people who are "ga-ga" over Batman. I've always preferred the Marvel Universe and only Superman from DC Comics. Superman, to me, is more cool because he's an alien and has all that Krypton history. I l

Cool stuff.

Batman is just some guy with angst who puts on a suit and decides to be a crimefighter. I'm not into the anti-hero or these dark movies...as a rule.

Now, a Batman/Superman movie would rule. Any of you read World's Finest comics?

Distastro, if you watched "300" and liked it, or watched "Sin City" and liked it, then do yourself a favor and read Frank Miller's "Dark Knight" series. Batman puts a good whoopin' on Supes. Batman/Superman movie is coming.

Saw it last night. Very entertaining. Not too long. I agree with sheeats, I could have sat there for another couple of hours.

Did yall notice that his motorcycle wasn't very fast?

And what do yall think about Batman? You think his a moral hero for not killing the joker or a coward for letting him live? I'd ask the same thing about Dent (two face), but he had good reason to let him live (did he? i'm not sure).

It was amazing what they did with Dent's face. wow.

And what city were they in? Chicago or New York? Bruce Wayne had an illinois license plate?

I wish these movie people would make documentaries or something on cities and architecture. The pictures they capture are just awesome. Was anyone else just in awe of the cities and architecture shown in this movie??

And I haven't seen a movie in a theatre in close to a year and haven't really seen any new movies. But when I go the previews are always my favorite. Hollywood is the master at making those. They make bad movies look awesome. I'm also amazed at what these movie people can do visualy. They just keep getting better and better on being visualy relevant and appealing.

Lockmat, Gotham is Chicago, Metropolis is New York. Batman's No.1 rule is NOT to kill anyone, period ! He catches them and let's the justice system handle them from there. Batman is not a killer, he just wants to bring justice to those that do kill.

Lockmat, Gotham is Chicago, Metropolis is New York. Batman's No.1 rule is NOT to kill anyone, period ! He catches them and let's the justice system handle them from there. Batman is not a killer, he just wants to bring justice to those that do kill.

hmm, I did not know that. I always thought NYC was Gotham.

Batman should have made an exception to the rule. The Joker is worse than any other known terrorist. ( I like talking like he's real)

Also, as cool of a guy as Bruce Wayne is, couldn't he have left the bat ears off the costume? They just look silly, lol

edit: someone said his voice was annoying. Well, it seemed like he only spoke funny when he was batman. I guess to disguise himself even more.

I always thought Gotham and Metropolis were the same thing.

Wasn't there even a Metropolis movie that was supposed to be NYC.

I googled Metropolis and found that it's the hometown of superman.

Here's what they say about gotham: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City

Smallville is Supes hometown. Metropolis is where he resides.

Now Marvel comics just uses New York as New York. There is a newer documentary out that actually takes you around the city to landmarks of where the Marvel Superheroes live and work out of. I will see if I can find it.

Here's a link to the book:

http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?pid=614436

Guys, with all due respect, let me end this debate right now on what Gotham, Metropolis, etc. is or isn't supposed to be:

1) Gotham is NOT Chicago. Christopher Nolan chose to film both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight there because he loved the city and the architecture. Neither the comics, nor the "canon" make any claim to Chicago. It is fair to say that the Gotham of the comic books was inspired by New York, but it is not NY either.

2) Metropolis is NOT NY, although the limitations of 1970's movie making required that they film Superman in a real city--hence New York.

3) Spidey exisits in NY, the real NY.

Just saw it... really good. Really dark. Really creepy. I get to the movies about once a year so my expectations were high.

One question: the dude who plays the mayor. He's also in Lost. What's up with the guyliner? Here's his IMDB site if you don't know who I mean. Someone, please answer this question for me. Why would a dude wear so much make-up?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004801/

Okay, I just read my own link... it claims he wore the guyliner to give his character a more comic-book effect. HOWEVER, he also wears guyliner in Lost. Not a comic book type show. So I'm thinking he just digs the look. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

(edited after reading link)

Just saw it... really good. Really dark. Really creepy. I get to the movies about once a year so my expectations were high.

One question: the dude who plays the mayor. He's also in Lost. What's up with the guyliner? Here's his IMDB site if you don't know who I mean. Someone, please answer this question for me. Why would a dude wear so much make-up?

Okay, I just read my own link... it claims he wore the guyliner to give his character a more comic-book effect. HOWEVER, he also wears guyliner in Lost. Not a comic book type show. So I'm thinking he just digs the look. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

I didn't want to say anything to my friends when we watched it, but I noticed it too. I thought it was kinda Homoerotic.

TDK wins it's 4th weekend.

1 THE DARK KNIGHT 26.03

2 PINEAPPLE EXPRESS 22.40

3 THE MUMMY:TOMB OF THE DRAGON.. 16.11

4 SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING..2 10.77

5 STEP BROTHERS 8.90

6 MAMMA MIA! 8.08

7 JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE.. 4.86

8 HANCOCK 3.30

9 SWING VOTE 3.11

10 WALL-E 3.04

(edited after reading link)

batm.jpg

batmanuel! i always thought it was natural. just really thick, dark eyelashes or something.

Guys, with all due respect, let me end this debate right now on what Gotham, Metropolis, etc. is or isn't supposed to be:

1) Gotham is NOT Chicago. Christopher Nolan chose to film both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight there because he loved the city and the architecture. Neither the comics, nor the "canon" make any claim to Chicago. It is fair to say that the Gotham of the comic books was inspired by New York, but it is not NY either.

2) Metropolis is NOT NY, although the limitations of 1970's movie making required that they film Superman in a real city--hence New York.

3) Spidey exisits in NY, the real NY.

I read in one of the Hitman Comics that "Manhattan is just like Gotham, only with more Sunlight." Gotham is suppose to be "New York" (essentially), the Biggest city in America, but It is its own town.

Sweet, Trae! Where did you come across that?

I was hopeful that I'd get some skeevy, pedo-style Mad Hatter in the next movie, but I think I'm the only one who even remembers that character. He was ultra-creepy, even in comic form. I'd love to see what Chris Nolan could do with that...

Anyway, can the endless speculation about who would make a good Riddler begin now? :)

Archived