The Dark Knight

Trae

There is no story. They made it less comic booky. Instead of magically falling into chemicals and getting bleached (Nicholson's Joker), Ledger's Joker puts the makeup on his face himself. There is no origin really. I'm trying not to give too much away.

Fine for others. Doubt I will see it. I've had my fill of Batman.

The whole genre (comic book to movie) is boring me. X-Men, Fantastic Four (one of the worst franchises ever in my opinion), Spiderman, etc, etc.

They are all just getting lame.

Or I am getting too old to be stimulated by men (and a few chicks thrown in for kicks) in tight-fitting spandex any more.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See the movie. It is nothing like a comic book movie. It is like a crime drama more than anything. It makes you think after you see it, with the way Joker messes with people's minds throughout the movie. Very good.

See the movie. It is nothing like a comic book movie. It is like a crime drama more than anything. It makes you think after you see it, with the way Joker messes with people's minds throughout the movie. Very good.

I really think I am gonna pass on this one.

I really think I am gonna pass on this one.

Your call, but you'll be missing out. Trae is right. The Dark Knight is the furthest away you could get from Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spiderman, etc. But, I guess everyone is entitled to judge a book by its cover... :rolleyes:

It really is. Batman has no super powers like those other people. He is just a really rich guy with a lot of cool gadgets. Honestly, outside of the Bat Sonar thing (I mean nowadays you can be tracked with GPS in your cell phones), Nolan's Batman universe that he created is pretty realistic.

I am not sure what to think ... other than Batman seems just as crazy as the Joker.

BTW, how did he get such a messed up face? What was the backstory on that this time?

I saw I Am Legend on IMAX. First time seeing anything recently on IMAX and was not impressed. I think I was too close to the screen.

There is no backstory to it this time. The Joker makes up a new tale of "What happened to your face?" throughout the movie, about 3 times as I can remember, with each tale being as horrendous as the previous.

I will most likely go see it again, and then WB will get my DVD dollars as well. I actually liked this one better than B:Begins. I think the ones to follow will have some actors really throwing themselves into their roles as they will try to top Heath. Good Luck !

The only Batman movies I've liked were Returns and Begins. I hated the first Tim Burton one with a deep and abiding passion.

What I want is a Batman movie where he is totally bat sh-t crazy. They could call it "Bat Sh-t Crazy Man" and I'd be in line the first day. Any rich brat who thinks he's a crime fighter and dresses up like a bat has to be insane. I want long sequences of him prancing around his mansion in costume pretending to be a bat.

The only Batman movies I've liked were Returns and Begins. I hated the first Tim Burton one with a deep and abiding passion.

What I want is a Batman movie where he is totally bat sh-t crazy. They could call it "Bat Sh-t Crazy Man" and I'd be in line the first day. Any rich brat who thinks he's a crime fighter and dresses up like a bat has to be insane. I want long sequences of him prancing around his mansion in costume pretending to be a bat.

Watch the video I just posted.

Dude, except for the costumes, that sequence is no better --and not much different-- than an episode of Oz. Crazy schmazy. Or maybe a really good Law and Order SVU.

I admit, I want to see cool Batman stuff on the big screen and watch the dead guy, but this is not exactly breaking new cinematic ground.

TDK>>>I Am Legend. I liked Children of Men, but would put No Country for Old Men above that. :)

Really? No Country for Old Men? I need to see it then. Definitely.

Almost picked it up last week and got The Bank Job instead, which was a very nice heist movie. Of course I'm a total Jason Statham movie ho.

No Country for Old Men is really good. Especially since the entire movie uses no music at all. Watch this clip (doesn't ruin the movie, just shows you how crazy the guy is):

Really? No Country for Old Men? I need to see it then. Definitely.

I don't want to over-hype it, but I've watched it 3 times now and then read the book. It's my favorite Coen Bros. movie since "The Big Lebowski".

I'm going to see "Hellboy 2" this weekend, hopefully "War Inc." and maybe "The Dark Knight". Oh, and I have to watch all of "Mad Men" again (this will be the 3rd time) to get the future Mrs. Bag caught up before the new season starts. Yeah!

I don't want to over-hype it, but I've watched it 3 times now and then read the book. It's my favorite Coen Bros. movie since "The Big Lebowski".

I'm going to see "Hellboy 2" this weekend, hopefully "War Inc." and maybe "The Dark Knight". Oh, and I have to watch all of "Mad Men" again (this will be the 3rd time) to get the future Mrs. Bag caught up before the new season starts. Yeah!

gah! War Inc, is it showing anywhere in town? It got horrible reviews but I just have to see it.

gah! War Inc, is it showing anywhere in town? It got horrible reviews but I just have to see it.

The Angelika (aka Kane butchers) has it listed for this weekend. I don't care about the reviews; Mark Leyner co-wrote it and that's good enough for me. He's the shiznizzle.

ok....am planning to go see it this weekend. I'm planning to be entertained, not planning to be blown away. Last 2 movies I saw that literally made me catch my breath: I am Legend and Children of Men.

CoM was awesome. I was actually breathing fast during the war scene in the old building. I was like WTF?!?!

There is no backstory to it this time. The Joker makes up a new tale of "What happened to your face?" throughout the movie, about 3 times as I can remember, with each tale being as horrendous as the previous.

I will most likely go see it again, and then WB will get my DVD dollars as well. I actually liked this one better than B:Begins. I think the ones to follow will have some actors really throwing themselves into their roles as they will try to top Heath. Good Luck !

Naw, I still think I'll wait for it to show up at the dollar (now $1.50) theaters.

Meme, you should definately go see DK before HB2 or War. Make sure you go to the bathroom before entering DK, you don't want ot miss a minute of it.

I will be going to see "Space Chimps" today. Good thing I have a 6 yr. old daughter to take as an excuse.

Meme, you should definately go see DK before HB2 or War.

No way. TDK is going to stay in theaters for a long time. "War Inc." will probably be gone in a week. And "Hellboy 2" is a Guillermo Del Toro film. That puts it at the top of the list.

Archived