Miller Outdoor Theatre At 6000 Hermann Park Dr.

devonhart

As I get older (52) I get quick flashes of a memory, not sure if it really is a memory. One that keeps popping up is a statue of the Charles Dicken's character Oliver Twist holding out a bowl. I see this statue somewhere outside the Delman Theater on Main Street.

Is it possible that it was a promotional item when the film "Oliver" was playing in 1968? Anyhow, anyone remember this? And if not, can you recommend a good dementia doctor.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Statue Of Oliver Twist At Miller Theater
  • The title was changed to Miller Outdoor Theatre At 6000 Hermann Park Dr.

The classically elegant Miller Memorial Theater, located in Hermann Park, was designed by William Ward Watkin in 1921. The theater was demolished beginning in 1967 to make way for the present Miller Outdoor Theater, completed in 1969. The only remnants of Watkin’s original theater are the columns, which flanked both sides of the proscenium. The columns were moved in 1968 to help create the Mecom-Rockwell Fountain and Colonnade at the north end of Hermann Park near the ZaZa Hotel.

lGgrPFR.png

• Like 1