Beltway Question Regarding Tolls

jb4647

Yes, but I think it involves the system as a whole IIRC. It until the debts are paid off--but they keep incurring debt for things like widenings and new projects (Grand Parkway, etc.). By the way, the Grand Parkway is going to be a $5.5-6 Billion project once its done. In other words, tolls are here to stay.

I used the toll this weekend and i felt stupid. I went to mall by the beltway 8 so i needed to get back home so i made sure i had enough for the toll which i had the right amount. then when i went to the toll booth i put the quarters in the bucket and then it said i didn't had enough. it said i needed to add one more quarter and i swear i put the right amount. Then i went through my car trying to find a quarter and i could not find a quarter nowhere. At this time everybody in line was honking so then i walk over to the car behind me and ask him for a quarter. Thank GOD he had an extra quarter. The machine made me look like a fool.

They need to get rid of the stupid bars. If you don't have the cash there's no choice but to run it so you will get cited in the mail automatically. If the reader fails (and it does sometimes) they will compare a picture of your license plate with the EZ tag account.

Why isn't the Beltway a toll east of 45?
There is, it is right before you go over the shipchannel, and it is twice the amount of the rest of the tolls.
They need to get rid of the stupid bars. If you don't have the cash there's no choice but to run it so you will get cited in the mail automatically. If the reader fails (and it does sometimes) they will compare a picture of your license plate with the EZ tag account.
What are you babbling about ? If you don't have money for the toll, you stop at the full service stall and fill out an IOU form. They take your license information and give you 15 or 30 days to pay the toll. Edited by TJones

If you don't have money for the toll, you stop at the full service stall and fill out an IOU form. They take your license information and give you 15 or 30 days to pay the toll.

I always wondered how that worked. I have only been on a toll road once in the area (yep - a mistake) but i happened to have some change handy.

I had a fun experience after I bought my current car last month. I went to their website to add the car to my account and I get told that I can't because there are violations on it. Obviously the previous owner (don't ask me who) ran through a few. Thanks to that, I had to actually show up at an EZ Tag store and show them the bill of sale before I could get a tag. Pain in the ***, but hey what can ya do?

It's because TxDOT built that portion, not HCTRA.

Harris County did build the frontage roads on the North Belt east of IH-45, with them opening around the time IAH opened.

The experience convinced them that Harris County should not be in the tax-financed freeway construction business.

• The title was changed to Beltway Question Regarding Tolls