Cars Blocking Sidewalks

sidegate

Story on KHOU this evening about COH residents being ticketed for blocking sidewalks adjacent to their driveways.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...ts.7dda00c.html

I've often wondered if there is a COH ordinance for this. Drives me nuts when people do it. Don't they think of people on wheelchairs, or people simply out walking along the sidewalk who have to take a detour into the street? If your car doesn't fit, park on the street. Or, get a smaller car...

I noticed they didn't even tell that dumb redneck that he was parking on CITY right of way.

Of course not. It makes a better story for channel 11 to take the "Ain't it awful!?" route.

It's about time the police started mining this gold. Perhaps now, when buying or renting a house, people might put some thought into where they (and their guests) are going to park. And ticketing is probably a better idea than my solution (kick the hell out of the driver's door until they get the me$$age.)

Another thing: if Mr. Redneck would clean out his garage, he could park his truck where it ought to be.

The City could make enough revenue from that ordinance, the parking on lawn ordinance and the tax revenue on the improved property values, once the blighted nabes start looking good again, on the East End alone to pay for a dozen new parks. People will complain but they need to be trained to behave.

(kick the hell out of the driver's door until they get the me$$age.)

Another thing: if Mr. Redneck would clean out his garage, he could park his truck where it ought to be.

Love that suggestion.

Remember, hundreds of garages have now become homes (without city permits of course). Steel toe boots are next on the buying list. Tks.

Bet that the horse in your avatar could kick car doors mighty hard! :P

Of course not. It makes a better story for channel 11 to take the "Ain't it awful!?" route.

It's about time the police started mining this gold. Perhaps now, when buying or renting a house, people might put some thought into where they (and their guests) are going to park. And ticketing is probably a better idea than my solution (kick the hell out of the driver's door until they get the me$$age.)

If his garage was clean I still do not think that big truck would fit in it, unless he kept the garage open.

I wish they'd ticket people for parking on both sides of a street in a subdivision! They do that all the time in mine and there is a sharp curve on one of the streets and people park on both sides -- leaving a VERY narrow passage for cars to get through going both directions.

It's an accident waiting to happen. In fact, recently a vehicle ran over someone's brick mailbox in the same location.

People who park there should get a ticket!

Bastards!

That door kicking until they get the message is a nice suggestion. I have seen kids in the neighborhood, and mums with strollers having to go around them and ending up on the road because these asses like to block the side walk with their pickups.

I kick cabs. Too often they try to cut in front of me as I'm crossing the street. Sometimes they even honk at me like I'm in THEIR way. If they're moving, I give 'em a good hard kick. If they're honking at me, I just stand there and stare at them until traffic at the intersection gridlocks and everyone is honking at the cab.

Once I forgot I wasn't wearing my boots and kicked a cab with just sneakers on. Turned my big toe into a bloody mess. But my toe healed. I'm sure it cost the cab driver a lot more to fix that dent.

Archived